x

Can I import product options - e.g. multiple colours?

I have about 20 products I'm trying to add and have the same option for all of them (a selection of colours). In the import, how can I set it up so I can add my colour options for the items?

I've tried doing it in the ways below but haven't had any luck.

Option name 1Option value 1Option name 2Option value 2
Black10Grey10

Adds one option for each colour with the value being 30.

Option name 1Option value 1
ColourBlack,Grey

Adds the one option but only one value of "Black,Grey"

I'm not sure what else to try or if it's even possible.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Hi @3dbyge, thank you for writing in and welcome to our community! 😀

I'd like to learn more about your items - are these options in the form of variables or modifiers? 

In terms of general advice, Modifiers cannot be imported using a spreadsheet, unfortunately, and will need to be created from the 'Modifiers' section of your account.

Variables can be imported using a spreadsheet, and will appear as different entries on the list along with their respective prices;

eg.

Item, Variation: Black, Price, Stock Number  

Item, Variation: Grey, Price, Stock Number  

Feel free to share a screenshot of your spreadsheet and we can take a look at how to best format it! Happy to help here, but also feel free to give our Customer Success team a call on 1800 760 137 between 9am-5pm Melbourne time, Monday-Friday, if you'd like to talk it through in person 👍

Message 2 of 6

Hi Boris!  For some context, all of my items are 3D printed and I have 15 colour options which are the same for every item, as well as some sizes that are the same for one of my item categories.

I was able to use the options rather than the modifiers and set up my colour list and that worked pretty well - just a bit annoying to set the same process for 15 variations, 30 for my products with two sizes.

There was one item I did use a modifier for some it was a set that needed 2 colours chosen as adding it as an variation didn't work (over 400 options).

Being able to select predefined option list saved me a fair bit of time but it would be amazing in future to be able to set prices based on an option so sellers with standard options that apply to multiple products don't need to spend hours updating their prices.

Message 3 of 6
Square

@3dbyge Thanks for getting back to us around this! To be honest I'm having a little trouble visualising the way your items are configured, would it be possible to share a screenshot of an item and/or how it appears on a spreadsheet? 

Something I find useful when creating or editing items on a spreadsheet is to export your Items List and use the way that spreadsheet populates as a guide for what I need to do. Especially given you have the same options set for each of your existing items, it would probably save you some time, too. 

Message 4 of 6

Here's a link to my shop so you can see what it's like from the user side - https://3dbyge.square.site/s/shop

This is how I've set up my options which apply to all of my items.

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 4.37.48 pm.png

 And the modifiers for me set item.

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 4.37.23 pm.png

For items with 2 sizes, I found it easiest to set up the variations like this, but adding all the prices was a little slow since I have 14 items with minimum 15 variations.

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 4.41.37 pm.png

And this is how it looks for customers.

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 4.35.15 pm.png

I don't have a spreadsheet of this but can make one if the screenshots don't help.

Message 5 of 6
Admin

@3dbyge If you're look at another way to apply options/variations have you tried exporting your existing item list? Once you have one item set up in the way you want it and others to appear, try exporting the template as a spreadsheet - you should then be able to copy and paste the same variation/options from one item into the others without manually doing it via the Square Dashboard. Note that this won't work for Modifier Sets, but should work for variations/options:

Your feedback is noted though - it would definitely be easier to have a built in function to bulk-apply options/variations across items! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6