x

Can I set a quantity on a online checkout link?

Is there a way I can modify the URL of a online checkout link to set a quantity?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

There are 3 main ways you can use checkout links: Collect a payment, Sell an item, and Accept a donation. The only checkout link that will display a quantity selector to your customers is the Sell an item option.

If you are using checkout links to sell items, your customers will be able to select a quantity, @MagicAdmin!

In order to create a subscription link, you must select the Collect a payment or Accept a donation option in order to toggle ON the Accept recurring payments option:

At this time, it is not possible to create a subscription checkout link with a quantity selector. This would be considered a feature request at this time. In the meantime, you have two main choices here. You customer can subscribe multiple times for the same item, or you can create additional checkout links with different quantity options (IE 1 lb of coffee, 2 lbs of coffee, etc).

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 14 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Alumni

Thanks for posting!! @ckslex

I'd like to help but I'm not understanding. What are you looking to accomplish. Can you give an example? 

Justin
Message 2 of 14

We're going to use an online checkout link to collect a per-student application fee.  If a parent is applying for more than one student, I thought it might be helpful to preset the quantity in the online checkout based on the number of students on the application.

Thanks for responding.

Message 3 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hey @ckslex - Jumping in for Justin here. 

Thank you for clarifying how you would like to use this link. We don't have a way to add quantities to check out links. This a feature request that's not available yet. I can see how useful this would be for what you are trying to do. 

If we have any updates to provide regarding your request, we will make sure to post them here on our Seller Community. 

Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 14

Do you have any updates on this ? We would like this feature as well where in we are offering classes to our students and parents are using the checkout link feature from our website. We would like to prefill the quantity based on number of students registered.

Message 5 of 14

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature @sanskaracademy I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Message 6 of 14

Update? I'm in the same boat as CKSLeX. We are a school and we have parents who are wanting to check out once rather than having to fill out several times for each student. 

Message 7 of 14

Thanks for checking into this thread, @ISDOrioles! Unfortunately, we don't have an update on this feature at the moment. I'll highlight your suggestion with our team for consideration, and would suggest filing this as a feature request

Message 8 of 14

Thank you JustinC. We would like that our customers non in presence, after they receive the invoice can pay it through a link in our website. I think the “checkout link”, proposed by Valentina, could work 

Message 9 of 14

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Website Code Checkout Link - Add to Cart Quantity Option

I am creating a check out link for a product, but I would like to have a quantity option for those choosing to purchase more than one of the product.  I also have the subscription option set up, which shouldn't effect the quantity option for example those wanting to have two bottles sent monthly, etc. or only choose the one time purchase option and buy multiple bottles.  How can I do this with square checkout. I have a wordpress website and don't want to have to also use WooCommerce if I don't have to. My website is www.magichollowky.com

Thank you, 

Message 10 of 14
Alumni

Hi @MagicAdmin! Checkout links allow a quantity section. However, classes, services, and links will not. 

Check out the quantity selection in the bottom right corner!! 

Justin
Message 11 of 14
Beta Member

Have you considered using a variation on your product price, such as:

(1) "Bottle" - $10

(2) "Bottle" - $18

(5) "Bottle" - $40

Or I suppose you could add a modifier option for number of bottles and the modifier adds the difference in the price from one to two bottles. Adding incremental "discounts" for purchasing more bottles could encourage people to order more also.

Message 12 of 14

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Checkout Link that allows customer to enter quantity and have subscription option

I have created a checkout link for website Magic Hollow ( https://magichollowky.com/shop-all/) that offers a monthly subscription or a one time purchase option, I would like the customer to be able to choose quantity at this point, but that option is removed once you make the link that offers the subscription option and the one time purchase option. Please help. 

Message 13 of 14
Alumni

Best Answer

There are 3 main ways you can use checkout links: Collect a payment, Sell an item, and Accept a donation. The only checkout link that will display a quantity selector to your customers is the Sell an item option.

If you are using checkout links to sell items, your customers will be able to select a quantity, @MagicAdmin!

In order to create a subscription link, you must select the Collect a payment or Accept a donation option in order to toggle ON the Accept recurring payments option:

At this time, it is not possible to create a subscription checkout link with a quantity selector. This would be considered a feature request at this time. In the meantime, you have two main choices here. You customer can subscribe multiple times for the same item, or you can create additional checkout links with different quantity options (IE 1 lb of coffee, 2 lbs of coffee, etc).

Valentina
Message 14 of 14