x

Can a city government set up one account to be used by multiple departments?

I work for a public library that is operated by the city. We would be the first city department to use Square and if everything goes well, other departments will also start using it. The one caveat is the Social Security Number- is there any way around giving that information? I've seen where you can put in a SSN or an ITIN/EIN, but when I created this account it only asked for the SSN. There was no other option. If there is no way around the SSN, is the city able to set up one account for all departments to use? Even if the departments would be operating different businesses? Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller Alumni

I don't seem to recall having to enter my own personal Social Security number when I set up our Square account.

As for the broad stroke of your question, I'd suggest that each city department be set up as a 'location' in Square.  The location function would normally be used for a situation involving multiple physical locations for a business....but it should work for multiple departments in one city.  The awesome thing is that you can start with juse the library as your location and eventually work to add other departments as locations once they come online...but be aware that some Square functions that you pay extra for are charged on a per location basis.  For example, Square for Retail which includes inventory management, employee management, etc. is charged on a per location basis.

Message 2 of 2