x

Selling digital files that are automatically emailed to purchaser.

Selling digital files that are automatically emailed to purchaser.

I would like to see a feature on square.

I would like to sell downloadable digital files, where an automated email goes out with the file link right after check out.  I would be able to have one more way to have sales in my business.  I am a hypnotist and don't have a way to sell digital files through my website.  I don’t know how to sell digital files through square.  

286 Comments

The screenshot you provided is different than mine. I don't have a field called, "Item Type", with no way to classify it as a "digital download". What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Alumni

Can you send a screenshot of what you see when you click Item type? @kd5mat

I realized I was adding an item in squareup.com instead of square.online, which still perplexes me why they're not identical.

Seems you can only access Item Type from the items list in Weebly portion.
Log in. From Dashboard > go to Online > go to Items.  That is where the item types are assigned.

If you do Dashboard > Items - then you won't see that property.

New here. I'm only making checkout links to use on my site and on the membership platform I'm using.

How do I hook the customers purchase to the digital product that will be delivered? One thing is my book that I'll sell from my WordPress site,  and another will be an online course that's housed on a 3rd party membership platform.

Thanks

Square Community Moderator

Hi @Posturally,

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over how to sell digital items.

This option is not available with checkout links at this time and only for regular items that show on your Online Store with us.

We also couldn't speak to Wordpress since they're a third party and not our own online store. You may need to reach out to them to see if it's a possibility on their end.

Did you ever get an answer about auto sending the download link or where we can upload the files?

Super Seller

Unfortunately this isn’t yet possible but is a big feature request and will hopefully come in the near future... this is inconvenient but manageable, for now you can send the product manually.

Thank you so much for responding!

Super Seller

No problem 🙂