x

Selling digital files that are automatically emailed to purchaser.

Selling digital files that are automatically emailed to purchaser.

I would like to see a feature on square.

I would like to sell downloadable digital files, where an automated email goes out with the file link right after check out.  I would be able to have one more way to have sales in my business.  I am a hypnotist and don't have a way to sell digital files through my website.  I don’t know how to sell digital files through square.  

286 Comments

Is there a plan for Square to develop a process for us to send digital files through here or at least be able to customize confirmation pages by product purchased?

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @drchaeed - thanks for reaching out and joining us here on the Community! 

A proprietary method of sending digital files is a long standing Feature Request through Square. While we don't have any news to share on development or implementation just yet, we can confirm our Ecomm Product Teams are aware and we hope to provide some good news on this front soon.

Thanks again!

Good day,

Any idea of timing for the feature request of digital product delivery.  I am currently deciding if I need to move to another platform for this. 

I love my Square Store, but I am extremely lazy ::insert smiling devil face::

Cheers, Kellie

Alumni

As of right now, when one of your customers purchases a digital item, you will need to manually send them the digital item they've purchased @KellieParks. If we introduce a feature that facilitates this action automatically upon purchase, we will be sure to update this thread, so I've moved your post here to ensure you receive a notification about new posts added here.

Im trying to sell access to a digital item on my square store. It would be for a video that I would host on my site, and would like to give people a time limited access to after they make their purchase on my square site. 

Would that be possible? To set up some sore of token, or cookie once people make their payment.

Thanks!

-Franco

Alumni

Great idea! Regretfully that's a feature that's been asked before and is currently being tracked on this thread.

I merged your post with it to keep up with updates around its future availability. 

@fgalvez714

Is there a way to deliver the attachment once the payment has been made?

Thanks

Alumni

At this time, when one of your customers purchases a digital item, you will need to manually send them the digital item they've purchased @Ruskie. I've moved your post over to this thread where others are asking for what it sounds like you would like: for a digital item to be sent automatically to a customer upon payment.

If a change is made to the way this works, we'll be sure to announce that here so you receive a notification!

I want to create a webinar for specific topics that is pre-recorded. Once the client has paid for the class they will receive all of the content. 

Alumni

Square doesn't offer a way to automatically send a digital file, like your pre recorded webinar, upon purchase. You'll have to email the file at this time. 

@SensuallySpeak