x

What Type of Payments Can Be Accepted Through Square?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Can you accept payments for all your transactions through square account?

Can you accept payments for all your transactions through square account or just for the website you run?

I have a website i sell services and products on and i have other sources of income for my business.

Message 1 of 19
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Horse2-

Nope! We're a payment processor that provides payment processing for sites but also other forms of payment acceptance/processing. You can learn more about it here.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Horse2-

Nope! We're a payment processor that provides payment processing for sites but also other forms of payment acceptance/processing. You can learn more about it here.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 19

It will not let me set up an account it's got my bank information all my personal information but it says I'm missing something and it won't let me take payment

Message 3 of 19

ok so why then am i givin that option?

Message 4 of 19

yes

Message 5 of 19
Square Community Moderator

Hi @dave1939 👋 Thanks for joining us here on the Seller Community.

Do you have any specific questions we can assist with?

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 19

How do i put a link on my web page to accept payments

Message 7 of 19

Hey, @brhtimefreeze- Great question! Here you can see how to connect your Square account to your website. Square also offers a variety of services based on your business needs. Let us know if you need additional help setting up your account. 

Have a great day! 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 8 of 19

I'm trying to set up a payment platform for my econ business and it will not let me finish it it keeps saying it needs more information but then it says I'm not approved

Message 9 of 19

I have my reader plugged into my computer and I would like to make a 20.00 payment to see if it works. Do I slide a card into the reader and then it puts the money into my bank?

Message 10 of 19

Hi @cayman2020 and welcome to the Seller Community!! The short answer is, yes, you will swipe the card, accept the payment, and the funds will be in your bank account within 1-2 business days. If you want step by step instructions for accepting a card through the Virtual Terminal, I have the steps outlined below:

1. Log into the Virtual Terminal Overview page using Safari or Chrome.
  2. Plug your Square Reader for Magstripe into the headphone jack of an Apple or Chromebook computer.
  3. Click Take a Payment.
  4. Select Quick Charge to charge your customer a single dollar amount or Itemized Sale to add an itemmodifierdiscount, and tax to the sale. You’re also able to apply discounts and taxes to a single-use custom amount or item using the Itemized Sale option.
  5. Under Payment Method, click Swipe Card.
  6. Swipe a card through your Square Reader for magstripe.

Once you see Payment Successful, you can view the payment from Transactions in your online Square Dashboard.

AshleyK
Message 11 of 19

Hello when I creat invoice .

There come message not allowed transaction ?

Can you solve my issue .

My URL 

wwe.tangratour.com

Message 12 of 19

Hey @tangra,

It sounds like you're not located in a country that we offer payment processing through.

Here's a list of supported countries from our Support Center.

Ashley C
Message 13 of 19
Beta Member

I'm new here.  Since we.purchased the square register we haven't been able to.accept.credit card payments, getting declined messages.  The only way we can accept is by using our iPad, tablet,.or phone thru copy link and on internet.  Hope this makes sense.

Message 14 of 19
Beta Member

Error message says invalid location.

Message 15 of 19

Hey @Lorinvic01 and welcome to the Community.

That error only appears if you're not location in the country you live in and signed up for payments in. Or if the hardware isn't from the country you're located in since the hardware is landlocked. 

Where are you located and where did you purchase your register from? 

Ashley C
Message 16 of 19
Beta Member

We are based in US territory, American Samoa.  Had to ship to Las Vegas,  Nevada then to us.  

Message 17 of 19

I have Square running my business. Can I use another credit card processing service?

Message 18 of 19

Hi @pumpsushi You can use Paypal with your Square Online website, but it's not possible to use a different payment processor with other Square products. 

Message 19 of 19