x

Cash drawer not working

Hi,

I have accendentally removed/forgotten a cash drawer. So now the drawer does not automatiaclly opens when the receipt is printed.

I have tried disconnect the printers and drawer but does not resolve the problem.

So just wanted to se if anyone had the same probvlem and how it was resolved.

Thanks 

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @chunchun,

The Stand bundle generally comes with a USB printer - this can be set to Ethernet mode, but if you've tried connecting to Ethernet out of the box it's probably still in USB mode. Can I confirm if you've got the printer plugged into your modem/router or the USB hub on the stand?

If it's plugged into the USB hub and printing OK, the most common issue we see here is the cash drawer being plugged into the incorrect socket.

Is this how you've got it set up?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hey @chunchun,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble with your cash drawer!

Cash drawers don't actually talk directly with Square - they communicate via a receipt printer.

Is your receipt printer connected to square and printing OK? Can you let me know what model printer you're using and how you are connecting this to Square POS? I'll see what I can do 👍

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 8

Hi thanks for the response.

I am using the square stand kit for iPad. Which has the stand, Epson ethernet receipt printer and a printer driven cash drawer.

I tried to reinstall the pos app ony iPad but still can't automatically open the drawer.

But the printer is okay.

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @chunchun,

The Stand bundle generally comes with a USB printer - this can be set to Ethernet mode, but if you've tried connecting to Ethernet out of the box it's probably still in USB mode. Can I confirm if you've got the printer plugged into your modem/router or the USB hub on the stand?

If it's plugged into the USB hub and printing OK, the most common issue we see here is the cash drawer being plugged into the incorrect socket.

Is this how you've got it set up?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 8

Hi @Seamus

I am still using the USB mode.

The problem started when I deleted the cash drawer by mistake in the pos app.

Everything works as expected except the cash drawer. We have to use the key to open it for every transaction. Which is quite inconvenience.

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
Admin

Hey @chunchun,

If the issue is not where you've got the printer connected as above, you'll need to get in touch with our support team to troubleshoot this further and walk you through a few more troubleshooting steps in real time.

Our number is 1800 760 137, lines are open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm AEST.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 8

Thank you for this, it was so easy to miss that spot for the cable! I thought I was going crazy! Thanks again.

Message 7 of 8
Admin

No worries @Longreachvic! That RJ11 plug is difficult to find if you don't know where to look 👍

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 8 of 8