x

Checkout Links - International Sales

Hi 

I am UK-based and want to use Square Online Checkout Links to add Buy buttons/checkout to my existing website. It is not clear whether this will support sales to non-UK customers. Square's page here https://squareup.com/help/gb/en/article/6692-get-started-with-square-checkout-links says: 

"You’ll only pay Square standard eCommerce processing fee of 1.4% + 25p for UK cards and 2.5% + 25p for non-UK cards per transaction.

Note: Square Online Checkout links are only available for domestic sales. If you’d like to sell online internationally or create a fully customisable eCommerce website, take a look at Square Online."

Isn't this contradicting itself? Does it work with non-UK cards or not? 

Thanks 

Rob

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hi @RobOsmanArt I'm reading it as that you can't use checkout links for international. The payment terms seem to apply to international card users purchasing from say a bricks and mortar store ie tourists visiting and using their card within the UK. 

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 2 of 3
Admin

Hi @RobOsmanArt - thanks for your post. 

Yes, exactly. Checkout links will only work for sales within the UK. 

If you plan on having lots of international sales, it may be better to create a page Square Online site rather than using Buy Buttons via Square Online Checkout. 

With Square Online, you can build an ordering page where your customers can shop all of your products. Once built, you can embed/link your page into your primary website’s navigation menu.

I'll leave some details on how you would set that up here. 

Let me know if this would work for you and if you have any other questions. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 3 of 3