x

Collect Information During Event Registration

Is there a way to collect information on a product?  

We are going to be having an event in three weeks. It's for a charity shoot.  I'm needing to collect information on from the customer such as the names of who is on their team and their mailing addresses of the teammates.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

@goodwillne

Thanks for the question. You can absolutely collect this information when you are hosting your event. In the Point of Sale app, you'll want to make sure you have Customer Management enabled.

Before a Sale you can start by clicking on the Customers Menu, inputting their information, and if needed start a sale directly from that new profile.

You're able to also customize your Directory have more options for fields you may need by adding additional text fields if the auto generated ones don't work for you. Just log into your Square Dashboard > Customers > Settings  > Configure Profiles > Create Custome Fields if needed.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 4

Thank you Kelly for that information!

Is there a way to customize questions based on the product selected?  I see that there is notes that opens up but I would like to add fields there if possible.

We have a shooting event that is a 3 person team... They pay a 1 time $275 for their team.  However I would like to collect the names of the teammates, each of their mailing addresses, phone number and email...

Same for the 2 person team.

Is this possible?

Message 3 of 4
Admin

@goodwillne

You can add notes and custom fields in the directory profile, and there is a notes section in the item itself as well- the notes field of an item is NOT exportable.

My suggestion would be to allow the customer to be the Team Name. Under that Customer Profile you can list the people on that team, and add that to the Sale.  This way the information is collected and organized - the purchase will also attribute to the team. 

In the custom fields you designate, it will not allow you to create a "questionnaire" that is item specific, but you can have those general questions. 

Might be something to play with for sure. I suggest looking at it through the Dashboard to set up your fields, and see how it will interact in the App to make sure it will work for you.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 4 of 4