x

Customers' credit card statements

Our customers tell us that all that appears on their credit card statements is our phone number. How can I change this? I can't seem to find any setting that allows us to use our company or product name.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @JohnGardiner, thanks for your post!

To change how your business appear on a customer's bank statement, you can update your business name under Account & Settings > Business Name. If you have multiple locations, you can also double-check that the names are updated under Account & Settings > Business > Locations

I hope this will help! 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @JohnGardiner, thanks for your post!

To change how your business appear on a customer's bank statement, you can update your business name under Account & Settings > Business Name. If you have multiple locations, you can also double-check that the names are updated under Account & Settings > Business > Locations

I hope this will help! 

Tra
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for getting back to me.

I already have the company name entered, as well as location name and nickname but, apparently, the only thing showing on customers' statements is our phone number. 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thanks for letting me know! If both the business name and location have been set, that would the name we passed to the bank and card issuer. In the past, I know that card issuer some times do not display what we pass along or the additional information we would provide but there's limited scope to what we can do since that's controlled by the issuer.

I hope this help to clarify the issue somewhat.

Tra
Message 4 of 4