x

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE ZIP CODE IN THE CREDIT CARD SECTION AT CHECKOUT

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE ZIP CODE IN THE CREDIT CARD SECTION AT CHECKOUT IN THE WEBSITE. WE LIVE IN AUSTRALIA AND DO NOT DEAL WITH ZIP CODES AT ALL, THE ONLY THING WE NEED WITH CREDIT CARDS ARE THE NUMBER, EXPIRY DATE AND CVV. THANKS

Message 1 of 31
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @gcalab,

The presence of the Zip Code requirement is indeed one of a few features of Online Store that we're hoping to have localised for Australia, where a Post Code is not required to take a remote credit card payment. I don't have an ETA for when this may be changed, but I'll continue to pass on feedback from Australian merchants so we can hopefully better tune things to meet Australian Sellers' expectations in the future.

I'll post updates as soon as I hear of any changes that have been made to how this works!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Beta Member

This does seem like another quirk of a non localised system ... that said, I've not seen the ZIP requirement on other systems when paying with credit card. I'm sure a Square/Weebly rep will chime in with some insight.

There have been a bunch of US standards creeping in to things that should be localised for Australian/other localities. Just happens that Australians seem to be the biggest market outside the US, yet stuff gets retrofitted.

We had to ask for some time for the Default country to be changed to Australia โ€” we were told "we'll let you know as soon as we can" ... and it seems this has silently snuck through. So hopefully we'll get an update on the ZIP inclusion soon too.

Message 2 of 31

Hi Remi, I have contacted asking them to rectify this as Australia does not use or recognise ZIP codes at all. It's so frustrating as it makes them and us look stupid and unprofessional hopefully something gets done soon. Thanks for your feedback also

Message 3 of 31
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @gcalab,

The presence of the Zip Code requirement is indeed one of a few features of Online Store that we're hoping to have localised for Australia, where a Post Code is not required to take a remote credit card payment. I don't have an ETA for when this may be changed, but I'll continue to pass on feedback from Australian merchants so we can hopefully better tune things to meet Australian Sellers' expectations in the future.

I'll post updates as soon as I hear of any changes that have been made to how this works!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 31

Hi Seamus, I really do hope that is gets rectify soon as it reflects poorly on the website. Thanks

Message 5 of 31
Beta Member

Seems there's been yet another sneaky update from the 'development' ... 'team' with no update from the reps.

It now says 'Postcode' despite it note being a requirement ... oh and if it's left blank the prompt says "please enter a valid ZIP code".

So .... while it seems to have had SOME attention, the effort is once again band-aid like.

Message 6 of 31

Yes it would have been nice to have been notified but yes your right........bandaid!!!

Message 7 of 31
Admin

Hey @gcalab,

This change in wording is part of some of the ongoing work the eCommerce team are doing to better localise the platform for Australia. I agree, it's a change that has a relatively small impact on how the checkout flow currently works - I imagine a change in wording here was a quick win, while overhauling the way the checkout flow works in a larger capacity will require more back end engineering work.

I know the eCommerce team are continuing to look into ways we can better localise the experience for Australian merchants and customers, and will let you know once I hear of any further changes!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 8 of 31

Has this been rectified as yet?  I have a store ready to go, but tested before promoting it and I get constant errors with credit card payments as in AUSTRALIA postcode is NOT a requirement. HELP!!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 31
Admin

It has not yet unfortunately @JZIMMER - for now we recommend entering the billing post code, if you would like to file a support ticket you can also do so via this form - it may be useful in terms of tracking info such as web browser. Are you seeing the same issue across different browsers?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 10 of 31
Beta Member

Any updates on this? It's very frustrating as an Aussie and a barrier to sales for us that is making me consider another cc provider unfortunately.

Message 11 of 31
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Baysidesoap,

Thank you for reaching out! Welcome to the Seller Community ๐Ÿ‘‹

We appreciate your honest feedback, and understand your frustration. 

Unfortunately, I don't have any further news on this feature request at the moment.

We're continuing to track this request with our eCommerce team, and as always, will update this thread as soon as soon as changes have been made. 

Message 12 of 31

Thiis is still an issue. Or it has just come back. Just had a customer unable to process CC due to Postcode requirements in Australia for subscriptions. What is the fix?

Message 13 of 31

Hi @yarraleen,

Sorry to hear you've come across this issue! Do you know if your customer entered a postcode, or left the field blank? 

Message 14 of 31

The last post in this thread is in mid 2020 and it seems that this issue has not been resolved, or is there some way to remove the postcode requirement at checkout that I haven't been able to figure out yet?

Message 15 of 31

Hi there @Alchemist2,

Sorry to hear you're still running into issues here. Are you able to send a link to your checkout page where your customers are being prompted to enter a postcode?

We'd like to take a closer look at this from our end.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 16 of 31

Hi Laurie,

Sure....where shall I send it to? I have another issue at checkout too, when I create an event the message comes up at checkout saying digital delivery, I have tried a few different work arounds with no success.

Cheers

Message 17 of 31

Hey there @Alchemist2,

You are welcome to share the link to your site here in your reply. Be sure to let me know which items, in particular, you are noticing your customers are being prompted to enter a postcode at the checkout. 

If you'd prefer to discuss this directly with our Support Team, however, you are welcome to reach out to them at 1800 760 137 (Mon - Fri, 9 am - 5 pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email. See the below steps.

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squ.re/3AWfZs2

3. Go to "Other", then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us", "Email us" or "Call Us"

Or, if you see the new chatbot help flow, type โ€œsupportโ€ to bring up a list of contact methods.

Regarding your Square Online Event, this is expected behaviour. As the Event is considered a non-physical item, at checkout, customers will be notified that they will receive an email from you later with additional information. You will then need to ensure you follow up with each customer by sending them the relevant instructions or details required to redeem their purchase.

You can learn more about setting up and managing Events with Square Online here

Laurie
Message 18 of 31

Thanks for your help, I have heard back from the support team and they are checking it out for me. Thanks again

Message 19 of 31

Glad to hear you were able to connect with our team, @Alchemist2!

Don't hesitate to reach out to us again in future. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Laurie
Message 20 of 31

I too am losing custom because they are unable to process a payment. They receive message that postcode is not valid, not matter what postcode they use. I, on the other hand, testing this issue used several different postcodes - including 0000 - and the payment was processed. What the hell is going on here?

Message 21 of 31