x

Developer Options message

I am first time Square user and trying to pair with a Galaxy A3. Although the name of the Square device appears in my Bluetooth screen, it will not sync

I keep getting a message saying Developer Options Not Supported and telling me to disable them.

Why do I need to do this?

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @judy25, thank you for reaching out!

If you are getting the Developer Options error message, please try the following troubleshooting steps and see if they would help:

1. Navigate to Settings > Developer Options on your device.
  2. Toggle Developer Options off.

If you canโ€™t see the Developer Options menu:

1. Tap About Device.
  2. Tap Build Number 7 times.
  3. You will see a prompt on the screen indicating developer options are enabled.
  4. Tap the back arrow to navigate back to Settings.
  5. Tap Developer Options.
  6. Toggle Developer Options off.

Once you've done that, please try:

1. Go to the Settings of your device.
  2. Tap on More Settings
  3. Disable the button โ€˜Allow Hisuite to use HDBโ€™.

After these steps, you can run through these additional steps before trying to pair the reader again:

1. Make sure the Square Point of Sale app and operating software is up to date
  2. Forget the reader from the device's Bluetooth setting
  3. Turn the Bluetooth off and back on
  4. Turn the device off and back on
  5. Hard reset of reader -- hold button for around 20 seconds, wait for lights to turn orange, then red, then release the button when all the lights have stop flashing
  6. Go back into the Square app > Settings > Card readers > Connect a reader and follow the prompt

I hope this will help! If you have run through all the steps and are still getting an error message, please let me know and I can have a further look into this on my end here.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content