x

Does square allow me to setup customer accounts and discount per the customers account?

Does Square allow me to set up customer accounts and discount level for customer example if Joe gets 10% off and Johnny gets 25% off every time they come in is this possible? Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Super Seller

Currently, There is not a way to tie a percentage of to an individual customer automatically. 

Message 2 of 10
Super Seller Alumni

But it would be a great feature, along with the ability of making certain customers tax-exempt.

Judy T Shumway
Message 3 of 10

Is there a way to set up an automatic discount based off a field in customers file?

For example, I have members and non-members, members get a discount. I have an on-off button

that shows if they are a member or not. I'd like square to auto discount those customers

Or I could set up a location and make the members customer of the location and discount that location accordingly

Message 4 of 10
Super Seller Alumni

As of now, there's no way to do that automatically.  Several people have asked for it, but so far nothing has been done to allow it.  Here's a small thread where it's been addressed.  I'm sure there are others, but I can't find them right now.

I'm not sure about setting up extra locations.  I think it could be done, but I believe you'd need to price each item in each location as a % of the full price, so you'd need to set up one location for each discount level.  This wouldn't be too hard to do as you could do the calculations in a spreadsheet by multiplying each item in the cost column as a % of the original price, then export it back to Square.  But this would have implications if you're tracking inventory, since each location's inventory is kept per that location, not per the entire account's inventory.

Now that this thread has been merged with a previous one (the one linked to above), clicking the link will just lead back here.

Judy T Shumway
Message 5 of 10
Alumni

Thanks for the help here, @GlassJudy!

The simplest workaround @NCWC would just be to create a members-only discount and enable it at checkout once you've determined that the customer is a member. In the meantime, I've moved your post to our Feature Request board so that our Discounts team can keep track of any further feedback.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 6 of 10
Beta Member

We have the same need as we just moved to Square from another POS that provided this capability. Our issue is that our customers are used to just telling the barista that they "are in the system" and we could look them up and associate them with the sale (which is possible w/Square). At that point the discount would automatically get applied. We have family members, former employees, regular customers and designated class of customers (i.e. Clergy discount) that now requires them to tell our Barista, "we get a discount". This is NOT a good way to service and interact with our customers. We have clearly taken a step backwards by moving to Square in this area. We are working to move to the Square gift card and Loyalty programs which has already strained our service and this just ads one more difficulty.
PLEASE PLEASE consider doing something to add the ability to "trigger" a discount on an order based on a customer.

Message 7 of 10
Admin

@vhovar

We're happy to continue to surface this to our Product team and let them know how it is affecting your Customers and Business. To let you know a little about our Feature Request process I've included this link which outlines prioritization.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 8 of 10

Hello...Is there an update on this feature.This would be very helpful for our business as well.

Message 9 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hey @pnash thanks for asking. We don't have any updates to share as far as discounts that are applied according to a customer's profile, but I really do understand how this could be really helpful for a lot of businesses. We do have automatic discounts now, so if you have a repeat customer who orders the same thing(s) each time, you can create a discount that will automatically apply according to a certain combination of items if you like. 

Thanks so much for asking, but please let me know if you have any other questions!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 10