x

Entering price per unit

I am 100% newbie here and trying to get acquainted.

We are a not for profit and want to use square for our merchandise sales etc.  We havent yet bought the reader but intend to to take CC on the go.

I have a few questions:

1. I have added products (and sizes), but where do I add the price per unit?

2. Once i set this up, do i then say how many someone buys and the total price comes out and gets sent to the reader?

Thank you

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @DbD2032,

Thanks for reaching out.

As a starting point I recommend checking to see if your ABN will actually be able to take payments with Square.

At the moment the ABNs we are able to onboard for payments are:

• Individual/Sole Trader (with or without an ABN)
  • Partnerships (with an ABN)
  • Companies (with an ABN)
  • Trusts (with an ABN)

We're working on a system to onboard more ABN types in the future - many NFP, club and association based ABNs currently require additional regulatory checks and paperwork that our onboarding process is unfortunately not able to accommodate at the moment. We plan to launch support for the following ABNs as soon as we can:

• Other Incorporated Entity
  • Other Unincorporated Entity

We hope to have support for these ABNs available in the next few months.

To add a price to an item, simply enter one in the "Price" section under "Variations" when creating the item. By default every item will have at least one variation:

To make a sale, you'd simply tap all the items you want to add to the sale, then follow the standard checkout flow on the app. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2