x

First time login as an Authorized Representative

Hello 
Can anyone help with a quick question. I was added as an authorized representative by my client under Square. How can I login to my account? I don't have any password or anything. How to use it first time as an agent? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

Hi @hafizss 

Did your client set up your permissions properly? You should have received a verification code or email depending on what they chose.

Here is an article with the steps in case they want to go through them again. 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 9

Thanks, but that's not what happens, Dan. The email says "

Hello,
You have been added as an Authorized Representative at Pine Beach Yacht Club Inc. As an Authorized Representative, you can authorize transactions, update business details, and discuss individual transactions and deposits with the Square Support team.
For more information about Authorized Representatives, visit our Support Center

Thanks,"

There is no verification code or anything, and the link just leads to "Page Not Found". 

Message 3 of 9

I'm having the same problem.  I own an accounting firm, and the small business added me as an authorized representative as well.  I am not able to log in.  No link or anything was sent to me so that I can access their account.  It's very frustrating. The email I got just says I was added as an authorized rep with a link that doesn't work.  Pretty Bad... I might have to advise my client's to move to a different POS and Payroll Platform.  This is just antiquated. 

Message 4 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @1stbookkeeping

Sorry to hear you're having issues logging in as an Authorized Representative. I would check with the account owner to make sure the correct permissions are set up for you to access their account. 

Setting up permissions will allow you to access any part of their account you need access to. If they don't, then you can see an error message. Let us know if you have any question.

Thank you!

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 9

Same problem here. I've added my team member as an authorized representative and can clearly see the email they were sent is uselelss. No code, no link. Nothing. I added them as a team member and he can see he's a team member but cannot access anything. 

Did Anyone find a solution to this obviously long standing issue? 

Message 6 of 9

Hello there @Aethym 

In Square, there are two types of Permissions. Authorized Representatives are individuals that are authorized to contact our Support team via Messaging, Email, or Phone. The second one (which might be what you're looking for / missing) is Team Members. Team Members on the other hand have permissions levels in your account to be able to log into the Dashboard and/or Square Point of Sale.

You can learn more about Authorized Representatives and Team Members here.

I hope this information is helpful!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Message 7 of 9

I am having the same problem.  I am a web developer setting up a shopping cart for a client.  The client added my email as an authorized representative (not a team mamber) and I got the same e-mail as the first person.  I created a Square account then nothing. No way to access the client's account.  I am also seriously considering advising them to use a different POS system.

Message 8 of 9

Hi @ramble  - I'm sorry to hear that this issue has brought you to the Seller Community.

This does sound off, but it's difficult to pinpoint what may be happening without looking at your account and setup with you, which we aren't able to do via the Seller Community. For this type of issue, I suggest that you get in touch with our Support Team. If you haven't already, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Violet
Message 9 of 9