x

Forgot to sign up through free processing link

Hello-

So I signed up for Square but forgot to use the link my friend gave me so we could use the perks.  Is there anyway to still add this on? I'm super bummed and not sure if I can delet my account and re-create one. Please let me know!

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 18
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @Kaylak & @SugarChic - 

Sorry to hear that you did not sign up through the referral link. Our Support Team can help you with this. 

Head to our contact page. Sign in, click Other, and click "I don't see my issue" so you can send us an email or call us.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

I also didn't have a place to add my friends link who referred me either... I want her to receive the $1000 perk of providing me with the info about square up for my new business. I hope someone responds.

Message 2 of 18
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @Kaylak & @SugarChic - 

Sorry to hear that you did not sign up through the referral link. Our Support Team can help you with this. 

Head to our contact page. Sign in, click Other, and click "I don't see my issue" so you can send us an email or call us.

Message 3 of 18

Can you enter in a referral code after you have already set up an account?

I was not aware of the referral code and after signing up my friend sent me her link to save on processing fees

Message 4 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @RuffCuts 👋 Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community! Glad to have you join us. Welcome!

I've taken your post and merged it into an existing thread of Sellers who also had questions surround their referral link and applying the processing to their account - for record keeping purposes.

All referral related questions can be flagged over directly to our Support Team. They can take a deep dive with you and make sure this gets resolved in an efficient manner.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 18

This reply was created from merging a post from an existing thread: “If I deactivate my Square account, will I be able to reactivate if it is necessary?”. The original author has been notified via email.

I accidentally opened account without using referral code. Can I close account and reopen account with referral code?

Message 6 of 18
Alumni

Hi @Mandarin - welcome to Square. 

Since the free processing promotion will only work on your first Square account, deactivating your account and trying again will not work. 

Our Support Team can help you with this though. Please send us an email so we can take a look. 👍

Message 7 of 18

I accidentally opened an account and I was referred to a friend. I haven’t gotten the credit card square yet is there something I should do first

Message 8 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Hairbyjennagner  - Welcome to Square! I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

You will need to contact Customer Support at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport. They can assist you with adding the processing credit to your account. If you need anything else please let me know. 

Message 9 of 18

This just happened to me too. I sent an email to customer support. I hope they were able to fix this for you... and for me too. 😊

Message 10 of 18

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Registration with friend’s link" The author has been notified via email.

Hello, I have a question. There’s my friend that already signed up for the Square, he has referral link that other people may use. I was going to use it while signing up but totally forgot about it. Can it be fixed or I missed my train? Thanks a lot

Message 11 of 18

I did the same thing and also wondering if I can re-link our accounts or credit another users referral? 

Message 12 of 18

When i tried to sign up, the system would not allow me to input the referral code my friend gave me. Has anyone ever really gotten paid for giving a referral, or being a referral??

Message 13 of 18
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Referral

Hello @Rachel1. I moved your post to this thread, check our @Russell's Best Answer.

You'll need to sign up using a referral link, there isn't a place to enter their referral code. If you forgot to this the link, give us a call or send us an email and our CS team can make sure you receive your free processing! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 14 of 18

I copy and pasted the referall link through my app in a text to another business owner. The link came out generic (without my name associated with it) and they signed up. I sent the link again and this time when she received it it DID have my name associated with it. But since she had already signed up the referall did not go through.  Both of us are new to Square and would like to get the free processing for the referral.  Can this be over-ridden? I gave a referral and this business owner signed up.  Help.

Message 15 of 18
Admin

Hey @stephaniesbling, welcome to the Seller Community!

Thanks for bringing this up. I went to check and a few other sellers ran into a similar issue and came up with a resolution in this thread: Can I add the referral link after I already signed up?

Have a look there and let us know if that helps. If not, just write back and we'll be sure to get it sorted out ASAP. 🙏

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 16 of 18

I understand that the policy changed and your referral now has to charge at least $1 via their new square account, but mine has done that and I still don’t have referral credits. 

I didn’t even get a confirmation email stating that they signed up, even though they used my link (I watched them do it). 

How can I get free processing??

Message 17 of 18
Alumni

You'll still see processing fees deducted from the Sales Summary Report and Transactions but then you'll see reimbursement credit in the amount of the deducted fees from your Transfer Report. 

Can you check there? Also, what do you see from Dashboard > Acct & Settings > Get Free Processing? 

@Troop36774

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 18 of 18