How I add a new employee to square for clock in and clock out

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
ryanwanner Super Seller

Re: How I add a new employee

Best Answer

Hello @Klsalon !

This is a multi-step process, but once you've added one or two employees it'll go fast for you.

Here is the quick and dirty: more detailed information can be found in this help file.

On your web dashboard:

• Go to the Employees section
  • Click the button labeled "Create Employee"
  • Enter the employee's name and phone number
  • When done, you'll be taken back to the employee list with a box open on the right side of the screen.
  • Click "edit" on the Compensation screen, fill out this screen and save it
  • Click "edit" on the Permissions screen, fill out this screen as well. You'll need to have employee roles set up beforehand (hot to do this is in that help file I linked to earlier). Choose to generate a four digit code. That's your employee's passcode to log in and out of Square. Save your work.

On your Point of Sale, go to Settings, then Employee Management (you'll only have to do this part once)

• Turn on "Track Time from Point of Sale"
  • Choose when to require employee passcode. If you're tracking time from the point of sale, I highly recommend chooing Always here to ensure staff are clocking in and out when necessary.
  • Your choice on the timeout and if you want the system to lock the screen after each sale. I recommend a timeout and yes to locking the screen.

Hope this helps! :)

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ryanwanner Super Seller

Re: How I add a new employee

Best Answer

Hello @Klsalon !

This is a multi-step process, but once you've added one or two employees it'll go fast for you.

Here is the quick and dirty: more detailed information can be found in this help file.

On your web dashboard:

• Go to the Employees section
  • Click the button labeled "Create Employee"
  • Enter the employee's name and phone number
  • When done, you'll be taken back to the employee list with a box open on the right side of the screen.
  • Click "edit" on the Compensation screen, fill out this screen and save it
  • Click "edit" on the Permissions screen, fill out this screen as well. You'll need to have employee roles set up beforehand (hot to do this is in that help file I linked to earlier). Choose to generate a four digit code. That's your employee's passcode to log in and out of Square. Save your work.

On your Point of Sale, go to Settings, then Employee Management (you'll only have to do this part once)

• Turn on "Track Time from Point of Sale"
  • Choose when to require employee passcode. If you're tracking time from the point of sale, I highly recommend chooing Always here to ensure staff are clocking in and out when necessary.
  • Your choice on the timeout and if you want the system to lock the screen after each sale. I recommend a timeout and yes to locking the screen.

Hope this helps! :)

Message 2 of 2