x
Beta Member

How can I add multiple email addresses to receive Online Store order confirmation emails?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to add multiple email accounts to receive Online Store order confirmation?

We currently receiving the new Online Store Order confirmation emails to the address linked to the main Square account, but we have dedicated email accounts for the staff to see the Online Orders via another Mailbox and how to send them a copy of the order confirmation that we receive ?

Message 1 of 34
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Add multiple email addresses to receive Online Store order confirmation emails

Hi everyone, I'm happy to share that we launched the ability to configure up to three email addresses to receive new order email notifications in Square Online! You can send all order email notifications to the same email address(es), or configure up to three email addresses for each of your locations. We also now support turning off new order email notifications for specific locations, or just turning them off altogether for all online orders. Here's our help article with steps to use the feature. Let us know what you think!

1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi everyone, I'm happy to share that we launched the ability to configure up to three email addresses to receive new order email notifications in Square Online! You can send all order email notifications to the same email address(es), or configure up to three email addresses for each of your locations. We also now support turning off new order email notifications for specific locations, or just turning them off altogether for all online orders. Here's our help article with steps to use the feature. Let us know what you think!

Alex
Product Manager

View Best Answer >

Message 30 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

How is this still an issue / still not available? Put it in your next Sprint please!

Message 2 of 34

I don't understand why this is so hard?  Just add more emails to notifications!  Really crazy that you can't send alerts to the people you need to.  This is NOT a major update.  As for forwarding, it does not work because you keep CHANGING the from address!  Sometimes it comes from help-messaging.squareup.com   or messaging.squareup.com or something else.  How can I create a rule if you are not consistent with your systems.!   

I'm a fairly new customer and so far really love your services , but this basic issue is a real FAIL.

Message 3 of 34

still an issue!

Message 4 of 34
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @seanomatopoeia, and welcome to the Seller Community!

I invite you to take a look a the Best Answer here. I hope this helps you accomplish what you need. And, if what you need is something different, then, please do let me know the details of your request so I can look into it for you.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 34

It's been a few years now, any updates? With COVID-19, we've had to switch a lot of our sales to online and only having one email notification option has been cumbersome, to say the least. We're a coffee company with five locations in two different states and multiple departments. If a notification only makes it to one department, there's a chance that an item ordered from another department will be missed. 

Message 6 of 34

I'm in agreement here. I'm not a software developer, so I don't understand how difficult things might be. I do know that once things started with COVID-19, I was told that some major changes needed within the online store would likely not be done for months. I got an email around a week later letting me know they'd made the changes. If enough of us really need this, it will prioritize it on their list. 

Square, thanks for listening!

Message 7 of 34

Hi @HannahPaige thank you so much for sharing and giving us feedback regarding this feature request. Unfortunately, I do not have any new updates to share for this feature, but you can still use Tom's workaround he shared above. You can also forward your emails to any assistant that you have so you both receive the transaction notification emails as desired. 

I will continue to bubble this feature up to our Development Team, but in the meantime I am happy to listen to any other feedback or questions you may have. Thank you! 🙂 

AshleyK
Message 8 of 34

This is crazy that this has been going on for 3 years and you still don't have a simple solution for email notifications.  Square has come a long way.  But c'mon, this is so basic.  

Honestly, it's making me not want to use square at all...

Message 9 of 34
Beta Member

Just adding another voice to the choir. I would simply like to receive certain notifications, new orders in my case, at one email address and get other updates and be able to log in at another. Not sure why the notifications need to be tethered to your login email, can that be explained?.  It would be nice to have more control here. Really nice.

Message 10 of 34

Hi there, @Rp3 - thanks for taking the time to add your voice here. We appreciate you joining us! 

We've opted for the main email address on each account to be the sole recipient of account notifications for security reasons. Due to Seller feedback, this is actively being reviewed by our Product Teams - and we hope to have a new update for everyone soon.

We will be sure to bounce back here when new information is made available. Thanks for your patience!

Joe
Message 11 of 34

I would like to echo what others have been saying for three years about this. Only allowing one email address for order notifications is severely limiting. I hope it's fixed sooner than later.

Message 12 of 34

Ashley, I appreciate your response. Tom's workaround will not work for us. Because the individual who set up our account no longer works for us, we're currently facing having to get a new Square account altogether because we can't add another notification. I've spent hours on the phone with Square support trying to get this fixed, and there's not a good option for us. Please keep escalating this request with the development team, I'm not looking forward to starting a brand new account after years of working in this one.

Message 13 of 34

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Send orders to 2 emails?

Hello! Is there a way to have the orders go to 2 different email addresses?

Thank you!

Message 14 of 34
Alumni

Hey @lali 👋

Unfortunately not - all online sales notifications are sent solely to the email associated with the account. 

Justin
Message 15 of 34

I'm starting a new biz w/a new account. Is it possible to set it up w/2 email addresses? Thanks.

@JustinC 

Message 16 of 34
Alumni

We differentiate accounts by email, so it's not possible to associate 2 emails on one account. For the new Square account, you'll need to use one email that's not currently in use. 

@lali

Justin
Message 17 of 34

I would also like to see this feature added, we have various individuals in different roles that need to see the emails. 

Message 18 of 34

I would also like this simple featured added

Message 19 of 34

I have the opposite problem.  I changed the email address for my account but the sales notifications go to both the old and new address.  I only want them going to the new address.  Do you have an explanation or solution to this problem?

Message 20 of 34

If you use Gmail, you can create a filter that identifies certain types of emails from Square and automatically forwards them to another address.

Message 21 of 34