x

How can I block time after an appointment?

When I set up my service, I am allowed to block TIME AFTER the service.  I need to be able to block time BEFORE the service as well.  For example, if I am going to a place of business for an employee appreciation, I need to block travel time to get to the location.  is there a way to to that without manually putting in a "personal appointment"?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @CasperReflexolo

There is a way to block extra time after the service. Whenever a service is created, it will all you to choose how much time you need to have built in before another service can be scheduled. 

There is a toggle labeled "Block Extra Time", once it's turned on you will be able to select the timeframe. If you want edit a current service, you can do that too. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 12

The TITLE of my question was misleading.  I have found & am using the block time after an appointment.  what I need to be able to do is to block time BEFORE an appointment. My time between appointments varies depending on what service(s) the client books.

Situation 1   I provide ONSITE services.  I need to block time BEFORE (and after) this service so that I have time to prepare & get to/from the location.  I got the time "after" covered. However, The generic time "after" an in-house appointment is not sufficient when booked next to an on-site service. 

Situation 2: I also have a couple of in-house services that require additional preparation so that, again, the generic time after is insufficient.

Does this explain better?  Do you have an new/other ideas? thanks

Message 3 of 12
Alumni

Thank you for the detailed explanation of what you're looking to accomplish here, @CasperReflexolo - this is a feature request for now. We appreciate the time you took to describe the reasons you're looking to be able to block time before an appointment, as our product teams look for specific examples like this one. At this time, creating a personal event is the best way to block off time to show unavailability prior to an appointment.

Valentina
Message 4 of 12

I have this question too.  I need a half hour to prepare for SOME of my services, but not all.  I can't add in a buffer time of personal appt if the client has already scheduled back to back to a prior appointment.  Any suggestions for a work around?

Message 5 of 12

Welcome back to the Community, @nicolleflower

Take a look at my previous post on this thread for how you can block some time before an appointment. 

You have the option to add this to the specific services you need it on. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions or run into any issues. 

Kassi
Message 6 of 12

Block extra time is only available after an appointment. 

Message 7 of 12

@nicolleflower

As a workaround, you could try adding the processing time (double-booking) instead. 

Another more manual option, could be to add it to the service beforehand. I know that would be harder because the same service is not booked ahead. 

I can add the ability to add blocking time before the appointment as a Feature Request for our product team, if you'd like. 

Kassi
Message 8 of 12

Yes please add this to future updates- ability add buffer time prior to appointments. I talked with tech who tried the double booking work around, but it still tells the client to arrive at the same time I need buffer time… does that make sense?

Message 9 of 12

Defintitely, @nicolleflower

I will get this over to them. Appreciate you reaching out and giving the work around a try. 

Kassi
Message 10 of 12

Is there a way to automatically block time in between appointments scheduled?

Message 11 of 12

Hey @PosMassage!

I merged your post with an existing thread with the same question.

Check out @Kassi_ 's post above for more information!

Ashley C
Message 12 of 12