x

How can I create a Mobile Staff or similar permission role without creating an employee

Our Scout group wants to take credit cards for popcorn sales. How can I create a username and password with limited permissions (such as a Mobile Staff role) to give out to sellers who will be using a Square Reader without designating someone as an employee. No one is an employee so setting up an Employee account will need me to respond to irrelvant questions such as selecting a pay type and clicking a box that employees are exempt from FLSA rules. I am not creating a login for a single person, just a limited permission login to give out to a seller for an hour, then pass it on to the next seller. I want all transacation data to be sent to the e-mail of the parent account, I don't want to input a separate e-mail address for each new person using the device. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Hello @ScoutGroup1

Currently Employee Management is the only way to restrict what individuals see, if they're taking payments on your behalf. The FLSA question is only relevant if you plan on using timecards to track their hours. 

If you only want to setup one Employee Profile for taking payments you could create a permission set under Access Mobile Point of Sale. This way you could setup one profile with an email address and password you own. Then you would share this login info with the individuals accepting payments. 

This will ensure you receive all of the transaction emails and the scouts won't be able to access other parts of the app. If you have questions please let me know! 🙂

Message 2 of 2