x

How do I change my business name on my Square account?

I entered the wrong name in the app and I can't work out how to change it. I've been able to change it in the online website but it doesn't change in the app.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @NigelD,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the community!

You'll need to edit the business name and nickname via your location settings - if you've changed the name of the business in your online dashboard you may have only changed how it appears on your account settings, rather than how it appears on your receipt and in other customer-facing places. Note the "nickname" should usually be the same as the business name unless you need to abbreviate it!

Click here to read more about editing location information and let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

I am about to set up a Square online store with my ABN but have not settled on a trading name. Can I set up the account and add it later or will I have to set up a new account?

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @chocangel777,

I've moved your question to this thread, which has guidance on how to edit the business name on your Square account!

Note that you'll need to initially enter a business name when you first sign up, you can then edit this later on! For how it appears to your customers edit Location settings. For editing how it appears on your Square account to you, go to your dashboard settings then "Edit Business Name" ๐Ÿ‘

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4