x

How do I edit my Weebly Website?

I do not sell anything on my website. I am just trying to log in to Weebly to edit my website as I have always done and it is redirecting me to square. I don't want anything to do with Square as I don't sell through my website. How do I log in to Weebly and edit my website as I have for the last 18 months? I'm so frustrated!

Thank you for your help!

Message 1 of 65
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @PleaseHelp2-  Have you tried logging in through the Weebly website directly? I would also attempt this on an incognito browser. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 65

Best Answer

I finally got in using a different browser-- Chrome seemed to be the problem. Once I clicked on the blue box on my website, a new page opened with Weebly Powered by Square (something like that) in the top center. I clicked on that, and it brought me to a login page. After that, I was good. 

I hope this works for you!

View Best Answer >

Message 29 of 65
64 REPLIES 64

Best Answer

Hey @PleaseHelp2-  Have you tried logging in through the Weebly website directly? I would also attempt this on an incognito browser. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 65

I cannot access my Weebly website to edit it either. All attempts to do so lead me to Square and direct me to create a new website. I don't plan to sell anything on my Weebly site. Please help. 

Message 3 of 65

I am having the EXACT same problem.  I am now stuck in square and cannot get back to my weebly account to edit my website.  I am not selling anything using square.  I do not want a square account and I am not able to get any help from weebly since it someone converted me to a square account.  I am losing business.  Please help!

Message 4 of 65

I was finally able to log in to my Weebly account by using a different browser. I normally use Google Chrome - but I tried to log in to my Weebly account using Safari - and it worked! I was able to get back to where I could edit my website. Give that a try - hopefully, that will get you back in too! Good luck.

Message 5 of 65

Hey all you fellow Weebly users-- I was finally able to access my website to edit it. Apparently, I can't use Chrome as the browser for the site. I opened my site's homepage using Edge, and was able to pull up a different Weebly/Square landing page. I clicked on the Weebly icon at the top and was able to access my website's stats, editing ability, etc. Good luck guys!! 

Message 6 of 65

I have nothing but trouble once squareup took over weebly! Such a mess for a platform that was so user friendly. I am not a novice at all..... but squareup gets a BIG THUMBS DOWN  from me!

Message 7 of 65

This is exactly what is happening to my site, nanasminis.com which has been hosted on weebly for years.  When I click edit my site, I get a page in which I can create a whole new website.  My site shows up for a few seconds before this page load in.  What's going on???

Message 8 of 65

Hey @nanasminis_com_,

Welcome to the Community.

Have you tried logging in through the Weebly website directly?

Message 9 of 65

Yes, I've been able to log into my site.

Message 10 of 65

Yes, I had to click several links to get to a screen that would provide a chat with someone how was able to reconnect my site with the Square log in.

Message 11 of 65

@nanasminis_com_  We are glad you were able to get in contact with our Support and reconnect your site.

Please let me know if we can assist you with anything else.

Message 12 of 65

Thank you for your help!

Message 13 of 65

I have lost connection to my site once again.  Could you please reconnect me?  My address is:

nanasminis.com

I am attaching a copy of the screen I see when I log into my site.

https://www.weebly.com/app/website/users/10739249/sites[Redacted]35507690/dashboard/overview

Message 14 of 65

OK.  It worked when I just now tried it.  I cannot figure out how I am losing connection to my site.

Message 15 of 65

Hi there @nanasminis_com_- its awesome to hear that this worked out for you!

I know that its not ideal to lose connection to your site. 

Here are some tips that may be helpful if you encounter in the future:

• Clear cache
  • Clear browsing history
  • Use an incognito browsing window
  • Contact us 😊

I hope this helps.

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Message 16 of 65

I cannot access any of my prior websites on Weebly.  Most I changed into "free" until we got re-established.  I can access one of them by using the URl but not in the Weebly site to edit, change plans, etc.  Please help.

Message 17 of 65

Never had that problem with Weebly.... Someone right there is I have a question or problem..... which a rarely did.

Message 18 of 65

Hi @planesfly 

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your website. Can you please clarify the issue you are running into? Can you also please confirm the URL of you site so I can look into this with you?

Thanks in advance! 

Message 19 of 65

I have and that is no longer allowed. This has been going on for at least the past month! I am considering moving everything off squareup and reviewing it as a very difficult platform.

Message 20 of 65

I was finally able to log in to my Weebly account by using a different browser. I normally use Google Chrome - but I tried to log in to my Weebly account using Safari - and it worked! I was able to get back to where I could edit my website. Give that a try - hopefully that will get you back in too! Good luck.

Message 21 of 65