x

How do I edit my existing Weebly website, the one I've had for over 5 years? Not ready for commerce.

I've had a Weebly website for a very long time, and yes, it needs to be updated to a commerce site. In the meantime, how do I log in and edit my Weebly site? Every time I log in I am taken to the new Square dashboard and accessing my site for editing does not seem possible. Any info would be helpful! Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 32
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How do I edit my existing Weebly website, the one I've had for over 5 years? Not ready for co...

@BernadetteA  I finally found how to get there. It wasn't an intuitive choice. For any readers of this thread: 

I logged into Square

I clicked on my user name

A drop down menu revealed my Weebly website name

I clicked on my website name and I was taken to my Weebly website dashboard

Click on Edit Website

I was able to resolve my issue. Thank you @BernadetteA 

1 Best Answer

Best Answer

@BernadetteA  I finally found how to get there. It wasn't an intuitive choice. For any readers of this thread: 

I logged into Square

Click on Edit Website

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Square Community Moderator

Hi @bg1902 It sounds like you may be using the wrong email address to login with, but I don't have access to the account to confirm. Can you please reach out to our support team here to check? A rep can reference your site name and confirm if the email address is correct or not. 

Message 2 of 32

@@BernadetteA Sorry for the confusion. I do know my login email address. Can you personal message me or should I still reach out to the support team? It’s very confusing because are used my Facebook to log into Weebly when I set up the site. I have a separate Square account which I used only for credit card processing and is not linked to the website.

Message 3 of 32

Do you still login with Facebook? I wonder if your account was updated recently on the backend?

After you login through Square, can you click on the link that says "Online"? It should redirect you to the Weebly dashboard, and from there you can click the dropdown in the top left corner to switch between sites. 

Message 4 of 32

@BernadetteA  I logged into Square, clicked the online link and was not redirected to Weebly site. The screen that appears is the Overview site and if I click on Edit there it's an editor to create an entirely new website. Is there a way for the tech department to correct this?

Message 5 of 32

@BernadetteA  Also, I am not sure what you mean by "updated on the backend." 

Message 6 of 32

Do you see a drop down in the top left corner of the Overview page? Can you post a screenshot of what you see? I think you are logged into the right account, but the screen is defaulting to the Square site. You should have an option to switch sites in the top left corner.

You can also contact the support team using the link I posted previously. A rep can walk you through the right steps. 🙂

Message 7 of 32

Best Answer

I logged into Square

Click on Edit Website

Message 8 of 32

I am having the same issue with a preexisting Weebly site that's 5 years old. Any time I attempt to edit via Square, I'm redirected to an entirely new page and never the Weebly dashboard. Did anyone solve this issue?

Message 9 of 32

Yes @wkgraham see my post above

Message 10 of 32

This way does not work for me.  I have been trying this for weeks. Any other ideas?

Message 11 of 32

Thank you !  I'll try to follow your directions. I've had this problem for a long time, too!

Message 12 of 32

**bleep**, you were right about it not being intuitive.  I only got that side dashboard, clicked on Online and clicked on the "edit site" that was in the upper right corner.  I also had to change my log in email back to my branded gmail address.  I hope I can still see what services I am still paying for and which I still want to keep, this entire experience has left a sour taste in my mouth and it makes me want to take my business elsewhere (but that is such a pain in the **bleep** having done that before)..

Message 13 of 32

Hi same problem here. Where did you "click on your user name?" 

I do not even see that on Square, I just see info on adding commerce?

Message 14 of 32

Hello  - I am having similar issues. I had a Weebly site for years and Square separately for billing. I connected my logins but cannot access my weebly website. it doesn't show anywhere. I am using my Square email /login that I had connected. 

Message 15 of 32

This way you resolved it does not work for me either. I can not figure out any way to edit my weebly site that has been around forever.

Message 16 of 32

Hi @crb213 Welcome to the Community 🙂 

Can you please confirm the site url you are trying to access? That will help us determine troubleshooting steps. Thanks! 

Message 17 of 32

This didnt work for me either 

Message 18 of 32

Welcome to the Community, @JMHero

Can you please confirm the url of your website? 

Message 19 of 32

Hello. I am having the same issue. Can access the square dashboard but when I am in the online drop down option the online option is to edit a new square site not my existing weebly site which I cannot access now. 

Message 20 of 32

Message 21 of 32