x

How do I edit my existing Weebly website, the one I've had for over 5 years? Not ready for commerce.

I've had a Weebly website for a very long time, and yes, it needs to be updated to a commerce site. In the meantime, how do I log in and edit my Weebly site? Every time I log in I am taken to the new Square dashboard and accessing my site for editing does not seem possible. Any info would be helpful! Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 32
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How do I edit my existing Weebly website, the one I've had for over 5 years? Not ready for co...

@BernadetteA  I finally found how to get there. It wasn't an intuitive choice. For any readers of this thread: 

I logged into Square

I clicked on my user name

A drop down menu revealed my Weebly website name

I clicked on my website name and I was taken to my Weebly website dashboard

Click on Edit Website

I was able to resolve my issue. Thank you @BernadetteA 

1 Best Answer

Best Answer

@BernadetteA  I finally found how to get there. It wasn't an intuitive choice. For any readers of this thread: 

I logged into Square

I clicked on my user name

A drop down menu revealed my Weebly website name

I clicked on my website name and I was taken to my Weebly website dashboard

Click on Edit Website

I was able to resolve my issue. Thank you @BernadetteA 

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

HI, Square obtained Weebly 2018 and are now one platform.  No information has been given regarding maintaining Weebly platform.  Several options and features have been discontinued.

You would need to contact Customer Support.

You can try to contact Customer Support with this link.  Monday to Friday, 6:00am-6:00pm PST.

Contact Customer Support

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/contact?panel=FAB456B04971&skip_unit_select=true

You will get a few options to contact, click Call Us, a new browser window will open with phone number and customer code.

You must be logged into your account and is best on a laptop or desktop.  Phone app sometimes displays unavailable at times

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 22 of 32

Am having hte same issue for my site - www.rideforthebrand.org - HELP!

Message 23 of 32

I was trying to log in using the long tail address I had but it was giving me errors so I shortened and it wants me to create a new site

Message 24 of 32
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Seller Community, @KaroleC

I am going to send you a private message with more information. 😊

Message 25 of 32

I am having the same problem and the solution listed does not work for me my Weebly site is 

https://greenbirdecopottery.weebly.com/#/

Message 26 of 32

Hello, @GBEPottery - Welcome to the Seller Community! 

It looks like you are running into the merging/login alert. Weebly has now fully merged with Square so we are asking that you update your Weebly login. 

As part of our merger with Square, we ask that you update your Weebly login to a Square login so we can continue improving your experience and provide you with regular updates. Check out our creating a Square login to access Weebly FAQ to learn more about Square, how to manage your account, how to access your sites, and more. 

Once this is completed, you should be able to access your Online website editor as expected. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 27 of 32

i do log in through square, but nothing from weebly shows up.

Message 28 of 32

How weird, @GBEPottery! Please give us a call on Monday to look into your account with you and provide further troubleshooting steps. We would love to continue helping you if the steps and details provided did not help. 

Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 29 of 32

Please help!   my website is quirkydesserts.com I don't need eCommerce now and I know I need to update to a paying plan to keep my custom domain but seeing as how I can't get to where I can do anything with my weebly site I am stuck.

Message 30 of 32

Hello there @quirkydesserts and welcome to the Seller Community

At this time, you are able to continue to have a free website but you will need to switch to a Weebly subdomain within 30 days. If you want to continue to use a custom domain, you will need to upgrade your site. 

We apologize for any inconvenience regarding this, if you run into any further issues, please let us know.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Message 31 of 32

To edit your existing Weebly website, log in to your Weebly account as usual. If you're being redirected to the new Square dashboard, try looking for an option to access your website's editing interface from there. If you can't find it, consider reaching out to Weebly's customer support for guidance on how to access and update your site without transitioning to a commerce setup https://welpix.com/ 

Message 32 of 32