x

How do I order a free reader?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Free Raider??

Hello there in good day, I just finished signing up for new account. And it was stating that I would get a free reader, but after I finish registering the account it takes me to where their for sale?? Can somebody help me with this?

Message 1 of 134
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Rina! Welcome to Square 😊 Please try the following steps:

1. Click Free Reader Request.
  2.  Select "Send me a reader" 
  3. Select Connectivity.
  4.  Complete checkout process.

If that doesn't work, please let me know!

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 134
133 REPLIES 133
Super Seller Alumni

If you go through the ordering process, when you get to the payment screen, it should take the $10 fee off of the order.  If it doesn't, you can either pay for it and Square will reimburse you for it, or cancel the order, then contact support on Monday and they'll make sure one gets sent out to you.

Either way, you'll need to contact Square's support:

You'll need your customer code to call.  Follow the instructions below on how to get it.

Go to Square's support page.

Click “More”

Click "I don't see my issue"

Click "Call Support"

Write down your Customer Code

Call 1  855  700  6000

Judy T Shumway
Message 2 of 134

[This reply was created from merging an existing thread: So I've set up an account but how can I order a free reader?]

I set up account and would like to order free reader. Need info on how to order and receive it

Message 3 of 134
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Rina! Welcome to Square 😊 Please try the following steps:

1. Click Free Reader Request.
  3. Select Connectivity.

If that doesn't work, please let me know!

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 4 of 134

The questions about how to obtain a free reader need to be addressed by the website ppl.  The LINK provided in the answers enabled me to get to it. I kept hitting "Get a Free Reader!"  & it kept taking me to the dashboard. Which is another thing I have an issue with.   I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING, & upon signing up, it takes me to a dashboard, like I'm supposed to know what to do there. I have no reader yet, have not linked any bank accounts, have made no sales using Square yet, & it takes me there, not to a place to buy a reader or even the "Next step" or any directions...

Message 5 of 134
Admin

@Alaska Glad you were able to get your free reader, but you're right. It shouldn't have been this difficult! 

We're working on revamping our "Get a Free Square Magstripe Reader" article so that it's much easier to understand to those who are new to Square. So thank you for your feedback!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 134

Hahaha!  I came to this “support” thread, & due to the link you provided another person, I was able to order the free reader. HOWEVER, tracking number says it stopped transit in Compton, Ca!  Ordered on Dec 1, finally went to Walmart & bought one! 2 weekends of Craft fair without one & bumbling through the “punching in the numbers”, making mistakes like inputting the card number before the total amount, etc : /, was really wanting one. Thank you for providing a tracking number!

So my advice to ppl is GO BUY ONE!  It wasn’t made clear until I read the package! You will be reimbursed!   Am hoping I still will be, as Square thinks They sent me one & that I have it....  

have to say, this is exciting. 

Message 7 of 134

How do I get a free square 

Message 8 of 134
Admin

Hey @Rodriguez15rene!

Take a look at the best answer in this thread. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 9 of 134

Hello, and good morning, 

I have signed up for a square account but it will not let me order my free reader. Please ship me out a free reader for my small business? Thank you all in advance for your time, and consideration. 

Thank you,

Sincerely, 

Celes Mickle, 

Message 10 of 134
Square Community Moderator

Hi @cecesonline and welcome to the Community.

The Seller Community is intended for seller to seller conversations, so we're not able to send out product from here.

We'd recommend picking one up in stores as the packaging comes with a code inside to get your $10 back if your account is brand new and you've never had an account with us before.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 134

I ordered one due to someone posting  a great link given in this thread.  And Square  kindly provided a tracking number—  that unfortunately said it stopped transit in Compton Ca, so after waiting 18 days, I went & BOUGHT ONE at Walmart! Square will reimburse you!  Had I known that,I  would have done it to begin with ! 

Message 12 of 134

Hey @Alaska so sorry to hear the frustration here. If you had to purchase your free reader in a store, we will certainly reimburse you, but you will need to email in your receipt to our Customer success team so they can manually reimburse (the redemption code that came with the reader won't work since you ordered your first free reader through our site already). 

I have sent a case over to our Customer Success team, so please reply to that email with your Walmart receipt and they can get this started for you!

AshleyK
Message 13 of 134

How can I get the swiping device?

Message 14 of 134
Admin

Hey @Passionair!

Take a look at this best answer.

Let me know if you're still having trouble getting a free Magstripe Reader. Hope this helps! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 15 of 134

I have created an account and see the steps here detailed:

Please try the following steps:

1. Click Free Reader Request.
  3. Select Connectivity.

When I click on Free Reader Request I get taken to https://squareup.com/dashboard/. 

There is no option to select 'Send me a reader'. How can I get one?

I tried the 'Order Hardware' link and I get this error: 

500 Internal Server Error
If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application's log file and/or the web server's log file to find out what went wrong.

Many thanks

Message 16 of 134

So, my sister signed up for Square and received a free card reader. I just recently signed up and am wondering if I get one too, and if so, when does it come? 

Message 17 of 134
Admin

Hey @classyglam!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community, and welcome to Square!

So although the first reader is free, you still have to place the order. Please take a look at the best answer in this thread for instructions on how-to. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 18 of 134

I have tried everything and not getting a free reader?? I do not see any way to call or email support? Can someone please email me who is in support to help? This has been very frustrating considering Ive been in business for weeks and frustrating my clients. 

[Personal Information Redacted]

Message 19 of 134

Hi @Brightlifemassa,

You can checkout for it by logging into the Dashboard and navigating to > Account & Settings > Accessories > Send Me A Reader. It'll show as free once you hit Checkout from there as long as you're logged in and haven't requested a free reader before.

Or you can pick one up in stores: squ.re/wheretobuy and the packaging will come with a code inside to get your $10 back.

In the future- if you need a faster response please reach out to our direct CS team to help you right away. Or check out our Support Center

Ashley C
Message 20 of 134

I signed up yesterday,  on fb I saw an ad saying free card reader, but when I go to try and get one they want to charge 10.00

Message 21 of 134