x

How do I order a free reader?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Free Raider??

Hello there in good day, I just finished signing up for new account. And it was stating that I would get a free reader, but after I finish registering the account it takes me to where their for sale?? Can somebody help me with this?

Message 1 of 134
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Rina! Welcome to Square 😊 Please try the following steps:

1. Click Free Reader Request.
  2.  Select "Send me a reader" 
  3. Select Connectivity.
  4.  Complete checkout process.

If that doesn't work, please let me know!

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 134
133 REPLIES 133

Olive i just did this i am having the same issue, it wants me to pay for it

Message 43 of 134

I'm having the same issue AND it isn't free.  😞

Message 44 of 134

This just happened to me as well. I hit the free reader button but was still chgd 10.00.

Message 45 of 134
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @shabbychicsher

Have you ordered a free reader on the account before? If so, it won't allow you to order another one. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 46 of 134

Probly 15 yrs ago under a fifteenth business account, diff bank acct address, everything.

Message 47 of 134

Tried it & askes for payment.  is there a code or something?

Message 48 of 134

Hey there, @GMD3

Welcome to the Community!

The promotion is automatically attached when you signing into your account before checking out. If you're having issues with it applying, I would recommend reaching out to the CS Team directly. You can reach them by phone using this number: 1-855-700-6000.

They will be able to get it ordered for you. 

Kassi
Message 49 of 134

I had the same problem is the person above. I'm being asked to pay $10.60 for my FREE reader.

I did all the steps you mentioned and its still trying to charge me. Is this product really for free?

Message 50 of 134

Hello, @alchemymanager - Welcome to the seller community! 

Sorry to hear you had some trouble ordering a free Square reader. We are happy to take a quick look at your account. If you are a first time Square seller you should have the ability to receive a free Square Magstripe Reader.

We can see in your account that an order was successfully placed on 2/24/23 at 1:59pm MST for a Square Magstripe Reader, here are your tracking details.  lease let us know if you continue to experience the same issues. 

Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 51 of 134

Yes, I called 1-855-700-6000 customer service number and they placed the order for me over the phone. No fee.

I could not process the transaction on my own via the website without being charged $10. 

I see others have had similar concerns. I found the help phone number by reading someone else's post.

It would be nice if the concern was fixed so the free reader could be acquired through the website online checkout.  I almost gave up and paid the $10. I wonder how many others have gotten frustrated and paid the $10.

Which, $10 is not a lot of money compared to purchasing other readers to do a POS through our phones using the Square app. But it would of left a bad taste in my mouth as far as my experience with Square. 

As a new person using Square, I'm greatful to the Square customers service representative who fixed my concerns in a relatively fast time. Now I'm feeling more confident moving forward using Square.  

I wanted to share this feedback because customer service is so important when technology, online systems fail us. 

I hope this helps someone.

Thank you,

Sandra @ ALCHEMY 

Message 52 of 134

@alchemymanager - We truly appreciate your feedback. Thank you for reaching out to us to let us know about your experience. On our end, we will make sure to pass this information along to the correct team so they can look into the free reader issue further. We apologize for all the inconvenience. 

Have a good day. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 53 of 134

This does not work for me.  I cannot get the free reader

Message 54 of 134

Hi there, @FGLJackieB 

I can help take a look at this for you! Can you please send me a private message? Also, welcome to the Seller Community! 🥳 We are so happy to have you here. While you are here, we recommend checking out our Orientation & Etiquette.

Ellie
Message 55 of 134

Just a heads up it's definitely broken. None of that works and I got all the way to payment and never took off the $10.

Dunno if anyone who works there needs to know that.

Take care.

Message 56 of 134

It is charging me $10.80

Message 57 of 134

It doesnt work, it still is charging $10

Message 58 of 134

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do I get a free card reader?

How do I get a free card reader?

Message 59 of 134

Hey @Tyralea, welcome to the Seller Community! Great question, looks like this has been answered in another thread. Feel free to check it out here - How do I order a free reader? 

If you have any other questions, please let me know and I can take another look. Have a nice day! 🙂

AshleyK
Message 60 of 134

Redeem for square reader 

Message 61 of 134

Can you tell me how to get or order a square swiper to plug into my android thanks

Message 62 of 134

I need a reader to be sent to my new address please. [Personal Information Redacted]

Message 63 of 134