x

Feature Request: Bundle items as a single item, pull from inventory individually - combo/combination

Feature Request: Bundle items as a single item, pull from inventory individually - combo/combination

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Inventory: Can you bundle items together as a single item or special?

We have multiple products for the same price.   We offer a 3 for $20 special, which is a mix & match of any three products.   How do I handle the inventory count?   Do I need to add each item with the discounted amount, so at check out I would have to select three discounted items?   Or do I add each item at the regular amount and apply an overall discount?

3 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to create a Gift Basket, to be sold as one item, pulling numerous items from s...

Hey @FurnishbyIsa and welcome to the Community!

This isn't something we offer at this time. 

This would be a feature request we can pass up but I haven't seen any other requests for this yet. Hopefully other sellers who are looking for this can add onto the thread!

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Can square reduce inventory of two different items sold as one?

Hi there!

Unfortunately for bundle created items that combine two separate items together will not reduce your inventory for each. 

What you can do is create a discount and apply it to the sale when both items are purchased together.

This will reduce your inventory and also reduce the price to the amount that you like. 

Tom
Verified Answer

Re: How to track inventory with a mix & match 3 for $20 special?

Hey @Baconation, thanks for surfacing!

I can see how this would be a bit tricky for your 3-for-$20 special, especially since inventory is a high priority.

Depending on how you need to track your items, I have three suggestions:

1. Add each item individually to the sale, then apply an overall discount.
    Pro: Allows you to track the inventory for each item regardless of being part of the special.
    Con: You would have to ring up the 3-for-$20 special as a separate transaction. Otherwise, the discount will apply to the entire sale.

2. Add each item individually to the sale, then apply the discount to each of the three items.
    Pro: Allows you to track inventory for each item regardless of being part of the special and ring up additional items in a single transaction.
    Con: More of a manual process that may increase the length of time to complete a sale.

3. Create a "3-for-$20 Special" item.
    Pro: It's fast and since the price would be locked, you can add it to a sale with other items.
    Con: You wouldn't be able to track each individual item within included with the "3-for-$20 Special" item.

I understand how automating this would be super helpful for your business and I'll be sure to share your experience with our product liaison team. 

Find step-by-steps on applying discounts in our Support Center.

Hope this helps clear things up for now. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

291 Comments
Beta Member

We too are in need of item assemblies. It is so much easier from a reporting standpoint then having to add each item in the assembly back to the individual item to see total number sold.

Admin

That's a great point, @AmyJo4 - thank you for highlighting that. It's super-helpful for you and others to post you thoughts on why a feature request should be taken up and added, and giving examples that show what would be impacted gives our Product teams more information when deciding what features to work on and complete.

Just echoing other sentiments that this would be a great feature to have.

Hello, 

Is there an update to this? I am using items I sell and combining them to create a new larger/more expensive item(which includes my labor), is there a way to reduce inventory of those individual items and increase the new item in inventory?

Is there a way to create gift boxes, that pulls from your stock items - but sells as one? A $300.00 gift basket to be sold to clients for Christmas, that can be its own SKU, but has items within that SKU for pulling and tracking from stock items? 

Square Community Moderator

Hey @FurnishbyIsa and welcome to the Community!

This isn't something we offer at this time. 

This would be a feature request we can pass up but I haven't seen any other requests for this yet. Hopefully other sellers who are looking for this can add onto the thread!

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Is it possible to automatically apply a discount after selecting 1 item from 3 differnt "groups"

so I will use our current system as an example, We have multiple types of Burgers, Fries & Drinks set up as individual items. Would it be possible to automatically apply a discount if certain conditions are met, i.e. 1 x Burger Group + 1 x Fries Group = combo discount?

Alumni

A few others have asked about this feature here in this thread, @WinstonEnville.

I moved your post here so we can keep all interest in this capability in one place for our product team. We'll be sure to pop an update here if something changes! In the meantime, some of the people here shared their workarounds - you may find something helpful posted within.

Beta Member

We switched from Quickbooks Point of Sale to Square for Retail about 2 years ago, and the switch has overall been very positive. There is, however, one feature that was very useful in the previous system that we're desperately missing: group-type items.

We operate a gift shop and sell items a la carte, but we also use those items to build gift baskets. In the old system we were able to create an item type designated as a Group or an Assembly that was comprised of other individual items. ("Building" an Assembly would deduct the individual contained items from inventory and increase the corresponding Assembly count in inventory; "Breaking" an Assembly reversed the inventory counts. Items created as Groups would not show in inventory, rather the individual items would be deducted from inventory when a Group was sold, and you could not sell a Group if there was insufficient inventory of the individual items available.)

We build and/or disassemble several baskets a day, and the only process currently available to us is to manually adjust the inventory counts for each. individual. item. every. time. As you can imagine, this is extraordinarily time-consuming and prone to error.

At the time we made the switch, we were told there was something of this nature in the pipeline (I believe it was targeted at things like combo meals for restaurants), but I haven't seen anything about it in a while.

Any updates or suggestions?

Alumni

Hello @FGFgifts,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community.

No update as of yet, but we definitely see how this could benefit your business model. Our teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements, and we will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released.