x
Highlighted
badribookstore

How do I set up a grouped item in square inventory?

I am a volunteer at a non-profit org. We are using square POS/inventory to run a small scale bookstore at the temple. The temple runs classes for Kids on Sundays and we sell books at the book store. Each class has a set of prescribed books.

The current Item library has about a thousand entries. Everytime a student/parent wants to buy books for a particular class, we have to click on each book that they need to purchase.

For example :-

The following are the ones we have to click to sell books for class1 (4 clicks).

click -  book1 (class1)

click - book2(class1)

click - book3(class1)

click - CD1(class1)

Instead, I just want to click on class1. Which should pick book1, book2, book3 and CD1 automatically and deduct it from the inventory when the sale is complete.

Does square POS support this?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 22
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
RHatch Super Seller

Re: how do I set up a grouped item in square inventory ?

Best Answer

Sorry Badribookstore, this is not an option.  However, if this is the only way these items are sold is together you could change your inventory to a single item knowing it has 4 products in it.

Message 2 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
RHatch Super Seller

Best Answer

Sorry Badribookstore, this is not an option.  However, if this is the only way these items are sold is together you could change your inventory to a single item knowing it has 4 products in it.

Message 2 of 22
ProfessorShyguy

This is exactly like the question I came here to ask.  i.e. - I have 4 different shirts in 6 different sizes.  I don't want to scroll through 6 different sizes of 4 shirts in my regular inventory.  Is there a plan to be able to group items so that in my inventory I see 1 picture "Metroid Shirt - Black", then I click on that picture it pulls up all the sub-items (all their own full item with their their own inventory count) and I choose one of those?

Message 3 of 22
RHatch Super Seller

Here is a screen shot to help you out.

Create your item "Metroid Shirt" like I did here "Car Care Basic"  In the Price and Inventory section "Add Variations" (bottom left button.  Each size will be a variation.  You can set the SKU price and stock level of each variation.  In the Square app you will see one item and when you click on it you will be asked to choose a size.  On the Square online store, it will give you a drop-down menu to select your size option.

Hope that helps

Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 7.39.09 AM.png

Message 4 of 22
eleganceshoe

that's the same screen shot.....

Message 5 of 22
eleganceshoe

and it doesn't help...

Message 6 of 22
RHatch Super Seller

Maybe this will help you.

Click on create item and you will see this window.  Fill in all the information when you get to Price & inventory click add Variations.

Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 5.26.11 PM.png

Then you will see this box.  Here you can add your variations like the example below.  Once you add them then you can go back and add inventory.

Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 5.26.47 PM.png

Message 7 of 22
Admin

Thanks for helping out here @RHatch

@eleganceshoe Did everything work out ok? Let us know if you need more help. 

Message 8 of 22
eleganceshoe

Definitely not, Square isn't offering a lot of flexibility here...

Message 9 of 22
Admin

Hey @eleganceshoe, could you maybe share how you're trying to setup your inventory, so we all can have a better idea of what you're trying to achieve? @RHatch has posted some great examples of item variations and inventory tracking, but I noticed you haven't mentioned the actual setup you're looking for. 

I'll keep an eye out for your reply! 🙂

Message 10 of 22