x

How long before I actually get my Square?

I think I submitted all my information but wondering how long before I get my square device?  Do I need to do anything else or will it just be mailed to me?

Message 1 of 36
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Connie2, welcome to the seller community and thanks for signing up!

Once you've placed an order for your free reader, it should arrive in about  5 - 7 days. The longest it could take is 10 business days to reach you. I'll also ask a member of our Support Team to reach out and offer a status update. Please keep an eye on the email that's tied to your account for more information.

Hope this helps make things more clear. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 36

Best Answer

Thank you someone did reach out to me and I now have my square being shipped to me. As I suspected I had missed a step. 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Connie2, welcome to the seller community and thanks for signing up!

Once you've placed an order for your free reader, it should arrive in about  5 - 7 days. The longest it could take is 10 business days to reach you. I'll also ask a member of our Support Team to reach out and offer a status update. Please keep an eye on the email that's tied to your account for more information.

Hope this helps make things more clear. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Message 2 of 36

Best Answer

Thank you someone did reach out to me and I now have my square being shipped to me. As I suspected I had missed a step. 

Message 3 of 36
Admin

Glad you got it sorted out! Thanks for your patience and feel free to reach out here anytime.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 4 of 36

Hi Tom

i read your responses to Connie

i Just proceeded to get signed up. I am New with technology but I think it went okay

2 questions:

i was not sure to select “Point of sale” or not... I did I hope that was correct.

i am a Nurse that assist families, going private. I want to do this right...

2nd question May I use the Pig Tail that came with my new iPhone for the Square? 

I would welcome hearing from you.

and

Connie: Best of luck with your startup!

[PERSONAL INFORMATION REDACTED]

Message 5 of 36
Alumni

Hi @Seasley - Stepping in for Tom here. Once you're all signed up, you can order your reader within your online Square Dashboard or at squareup.com/shop. You should receive a confirmation email for your order once you've done so.

It sounds like you're referring to the lightning port to headphone jack adapter that comes with the newer iPhones. If so, that should work with your Magstripe reader.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 6 of 36

I am still waiting for my shipment to arrive. What step did  you miss?  I am reluctant to set up / link my account information until I have the hardware in my hand.

Message 7 of 36

When Mine did not come I found I had not actually taken the final step to order so when I did it took the full 10 days to arrive.  You can check tracking to see if it's on it's way.

Message 8 of 36
Alumni

Thanks for updating us @Connie2 and giving that tip!

Message 9 of 36

Good morning Jisahorse, I completely get where your at because I was kind of reluctant myself but I can say that mine worked just fine and I was still able to except payments and had no problems thus far my reader just came today 

Message 10 of 36

Connie, what was that step if I may ask? Bc I never received a confirmation.  

Message 11 of 36
Admin

Hello @LizW! When you sign in up for Square there is a step-by-step process in the Square Dashboard (suqareup.com/login). If there are a any remaining steps you should see a green notifiaction from your homepage.

You should receive an email confirmation the same day you order your reader. If you're not sure if you placed an order you can check from the Account & Settings section of the reader: click Square Accessories > Card Reader. If you don't see an order status there you should see the option to Send me reader instead.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 12 of 36

Thank you. I ended up having to pay $10 for it. 

Message 13 of 36

It’s been 2 weeks since I’ve ordered and still haven’t received my square what should I do? 

Message 14 of 36

Hello @Brittsmith2912! Welcome to the Seller Community! 

The Square Magstripe Reader can take up to 10 business days to reach it's destination. If you're outside this timeframe theres a chance that your reader was lost in the mail, but you can order another one from your Square Dashboard! 

Message 15 of 36

Can somebody contact me about my square 

Message 16 of 36
Alumni

Hi @Mansamusa - Do you mind providing more information about the issue you're experiencing so we can get you going in the right direction?

Puka - She/They
Message 17 of 36

Can a new customer receive a square reader any quicker than 5-7 days?  I am researching this for a colleague who will be holding an estate sale next week.

Message 18 of 36
Alumni

Hi @jhall

Hardware should arrive within 10 days. Unfortunately, we don't provide expedited shipping, but if your colleague needs a reader right away, they can purchase the Magstripe at participating retail stores. It's $10, but we'll reimburse them (follow the steps on the packaging). To find the nearest retailer, check out this map. We recommend calling ahead as our map doesn't account for updated inventory levels.

Puka - She/They
Message 19 of 36

Okay ill just keep an eye on my email for my square device.

Message 20 of 36

Is there somewhere in my account that I can check the status of the card reader that I ordered a week ago? I haven't seen an email saying that it has shipped yet. 

Message 21 of 36