x

How long does it take to receive my transfers

I charged a client a week ago and still didn’t receive the funds in bank account this is now 3 business days.

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @Djsandbooths,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community 🙂

When setting up your Square account, you're activated to start taking card payments immediately, however it can take up to five business days for your bank account to complete the verification process and link to your Square account. You may have seen an email arrive when you signed up that gives you an estimated completion date, after which we'll send your funds on a next business day basis.

Thanks for your patience!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Hi, Ive just started using square chip reader and im in the same position as this person with the length of time waiting for my first couple of transfers. When you say it may take a up to a week do you mean for the first couple of transactions that the bank needs to process and then it will be quicker or will it be the over a week with each transaction? 

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hey @BCJ,

The 5 business day waiting period is only to link your bank account to Square for the very first time.

Once your linked, we'll send funds on a next business day basis between 11:30 and noon. In practical terms this means payments will reach your bank account in 1-2 business days, depending on your bank's processing times. Bigger banks are usually a bit quicker than smaller credit unions, but it varies from bank to bank.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

Hi Sheamus,

Thanks for the info that covers my question. Thank you for your quick responce.

Message 5 of 5