x

How to activate reporting location

I’m trying to set up e-gift card link for my business, however I keep getting “your e-gift card order page won’t work until you activate the selected reporting location or choose one that’s already activated.” 

I can’t seem to find the “activate” option. 

Please send help. 

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Can you try AshleyK's steps to reactivate a location? See if that helps.

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Alumni

Hey @Mmaddi 

Hmm, I've never seen that message before. Have you fully activated your account for card processing? Did you straighten out your issue since you posted?

Let me know 🙂

Justin
Message 2 of 16

I'm getting an error message when trying to set up my e-gift card page it says my reporting location must be active before I can have my gift card page... I don't know how to activate my reporting location somebody please help!

Michelle Blair
Message 3 of 16
Alumni

Best Answer

Can you try AshleyK's steps to reactivate a location? See if that helps.

Justin
Message 4 of 16

there's nothing there.. did anyone get an answer to this question?

Message 5 of 16

I also have this problem!!!

Please copy/paste the reactivate a location info... the link doesn't work. Plus it is just best to respond with all the info rather than linking to other posts. TIA

Message 6 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hey @vipphotosgj,

Thanks for writing in and sorry about the hassle! To reactivate a location:

1. Log in to your Square Dashboard.

2. Head to Account & Settings > Business > Locations.

3. From the drop down on top, select Status > Inactive or All. 

4. From here you'll be able to reactivate your location(s) from here. 

Please let us know how you go!

Message 7 of 16

Me too!

Message 8 of 16

same things is happening to me, and looks like JustinC and spamming "Ashley K's steps" though.. they don't open anything but the peer main page. 

Message 9 of 16

Go into Account and Settings, Personal Information, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select a Time Zone.

Message 10 of 16

The time zone was already set, this didn't help.. not sure what the time zone would have to do with a "reporting location" did anyone figure this out? 

Message 11 of 16

Okay.. in "account settings" I hadn't decided how I was going to take my first payment, I opened and clicked website, and viola.. it was the last thing left on "account set up", now that error message is gone. Weird.. but, maybe that will help someone else. J

Message 12 of 16

When I followed these steps and updated my business address the new address became the "reporting location" automatically and the error went away. Hope that helps! Just update whatever you can on that page, hit save, and hopefully it works. 

1. Log in to your Square Dashboard.

2. Head to Account & Settings > Business > Locations.

3. From the drop down on top, select Status > Inactive or All. 

Message 13 of 16

Not sure if anyone has ended up in this thread for activating a location, but I found the solution to my problem of activating a location via subscriptions! My one location was listed under “active locations” but I still couldn’t get a booking link nor could I use the second location through the app. I found out by: going to Account & Settings -> Business Information -> Pricing & Subscriptions -> Select “Manage” of the subscription that is active -> select “Manage Locations” -> Check box all locations needing to be activated. This updated the pricing and fully activated my second location.

Message 14 of 16

When I go to Account & Settings -> Business Information -> Pricing & Subscriptions -> and try to Select “Manage” there is no manage button or anything like it on that page. Not under the main account or the one location that I am trying to activate.

When I go to Account & Settings > Business > Locations  There is no drop down menu for "all," "active," or "inactive" locations. So nothing in this post is like it looks in my account and I still can't activate my location in order to sell a gift card. Any other ideas?

Message 15 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Barrelroom these filters will appear as long as you have or had more than one business location in your Square Account.

Please let me know if you are still unable to sell a Gift Card so I can look further into this for you.

JJ
Message 16 of 16