x

How to change "Pick Up Day and Time" for online orders?

When viewing shopping cart  "Pickup - Tomorrow after 10:00 AM" is noted just below the subtotal. Where do I change this pick up day and time information?
Thank you!

Message 1 of 32
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

@LanaLane

Edit your pick up hours from the Online Store Dashboard under Settings > Pickup & Delivery. Next to your listed location, click 'Edit Location' to customize your pickup settings. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Alumni

Best Answer

@LanaLane

Edit your pick up hours from the Online Store Dashboard under Settings > Pickup & Delivery. Next to your listed location, click 'Edit Location' to customize your pickup settings. 

Justin
Message 2 of 32

Thank you @JustinC 
I actually did finally figure it out...still learning how to navigate the online store settings, etc.

Message 3 of 32
Alumni

@LanaLane

Eeek, sorry I caught your post too late 😖 but glad to hear you figured it out! 

Don't worry - you'll be a pro in navigating the Online Store pretty soon. Don't hesitate to reach back out for help. Our Sellers are happy to point you in the right direction! 

Welcome to the Community 🥳️

Justin
Message 4 of 32

@JustinC -- oh gosh, no problem! It's nice to know there are resources for un newbies 😉

Message 5 of 32

Hello - Is there any way not to have any pick-up date/time indicated? We're a school, and I'm a volunteer, and I'll fulfill orders whenever I get a chance - within the 2 week window of the order being placed.

I like the feature where I can mark an item as "ready for pick up", can that be used as the main way to communicate to buyers that they can come pick up?

Right now, the pick-up date/time is listed almost everywhere (before check out, on the confirmation screen, on the confirmation email, on the confirmation text), and I don't want people to think their order is ready for pick up until I actually have it ready.

Thank you!

Message 6 of 32
Admin

Hey @gehms_pto!

Welcome to the Seller Community 🎉

Can you try going to the Online section of the Dashboard > Settings > Pickup & Delivery > Select location > Order timing settings > Edit? You should see the following:

Will that help? Let me know! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 7 of 32

Hi Isabelle,

Thank you for your response. I tried what you suggested, and unfortunately it doesn't help. It just then sets the pick-up time to be the next time that our store is "open". I tried to remove all "hours" for the store, but the system says we need to have at least one open time block.  If there's a way to remove all "hours", that would be helpful.

Would you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Anh-Thi

Message 8 of 32
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @gehms_pto - I can step in for Isabelle on this one in her absence.

Thanks for giving those steps a try - sorry to hear that it doesn't seem to be a full solution for you. We are cognizant that there is room for improvement in regards to the Online Pickup options and settings - and it seems like customer notification customization is a large one. 

I'm going to go ahead and pass this feedback along to our Product Teams for context for further developments and feature implementations. Hopefully we will be able to bounce back here soon with some positive updates for you.

Joe
Message 9 of 32

Is there any update to this? This is a HUGE headache for us and is causing our customers to be very unhappy. 

Message 10 of 32

From my experience with Square, they will continue to "pass this along to our products team" for the next 2 years and then by that time, they will not only have a solution to our problem but figured out a way to charge us more for the update.  

Message 11 of 32

any progress on this issue?

Message 12 of 32

Hi @mixonmaine 👋

This is an older thread, and we have made a lot of changes to the pickup feature. Can you clarify exactly what you are trying to do? 

If you are trying to remove the pickup time/date from displaying you will need to turn off the option to Calculate & assign pickup times automatically. 

This is found on the Square Online dashboard by clicking Fulfillment > Pickup & Delivery

Click on Edit next to the store location and toggle OFF the option to automatically calculate. 

Please let me know if this is not what you are looking for. Thanks! 

Message 13 of 32

I’ve done this and it’s still telling my customers that their item won’t be ready for five business days. Help??

Message 14 of 32

Hi @thecakeladyat19 👋 Super sorry to hear you are also having trouble with this setting. 

Can you post a link to your website, and let me know the item(s) they are trying to order? 

Message 15 of 32

I am following your thread.  I too have a problem where I have disabled automatic pickup timing and it still shows on my web order page that all my items are available for pick up at 9 a.m. the next business day.  

I have checked my fulfillment settings as you noted above.  I have also checked all my item settings.  Is there anything else I can check?  It seems to be a bug. 

As a work around, I turned the automatic pick up back "on" and changed my store hours to only one day a week and then marked my store closed on that day for several weeks until I know my pick up order will be ready.  Even then it says your item will be ready the next day but then it does put the date that is several weeks out.   

It would really be better if I could turn off automatic pickup timing and have it give the note I message I created saying you will be contacted when your order is ready.  

Message 16 of 32

Hi @cmtreasurer, I want to welcome you to the Community.

Please check out this Best Answer from BernadetteA above.

If this doesn't work, we recommend contacting our Support. It's difficult to pinpoint what may be happening without looking at your account with you.

The fastest way to resolve complicated Square Onlline questions is by reaching out to our team directly. The best way to reach out is by phone because our team can look at your account with you and help you make adjustments in real-time.

If you haven't already, please reach out by phone directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can assist you with anything else.

Message 17 of 32

Thanks!  I once again tried turning off "automatically calculate pick up times"...and it worked!  Yay!!!   It wasn't working before and now it is! Thanks to whoever fixed it! 

Message 18 of 32
Beta Member

As the seller is it possible to change the customers pick up time? 

Message 19 of 32
Beta Member

when in online dashboard/ settings/ there is no option for Pickup & Delivery?????

Message 20 of 32

Hey there @ritzput 👋

Fulfillment settings are now located under Online Dashboard > Fulfillment > Pickup  & Delivery. I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Message 21 of 32