x
Admin

How to refer new businesses to Square

Hi Seller Community 👋!

Starting a new business is incredibly exciting but there are also a lot to consider (and cost!). To make this process a bit easier, you can avail of Square’s free processing programme to receive rewards by referring new businesses to Square. 

How can I get free processing?

You can receive free processing by inviting your friends and other businesses to join Square using your referral link. For each person who activates their account using your referral  link, you’ll receive reimbursements on processing fees for the next £1,000 of card payments over the next 180 days (6 months). Once they activate their account, your friends will also receive free processing for their first £1,000 of card payments.

How can I refer businesses to Square?

To refer businesses to Square, you just need to share your referral link with them. You can get the link directly your online Square Dashboard or from your Square Point of Sale app:

1. Log in to your online Square Dashboard, click Account & Settings.
  2. To access your referral link, click Get Free Processing. Share your unique link on Twitter and/or Facebook, or simply copy and paste it in any social media status or emails to friends.

Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 11.52.08.png

From Point of Sale app:

1. From the navigation menu, select Support > Get Free Processing.
  2. Press Share Link to send your referral link to a recipient.

Note: Currently referrals can only be made within the same country in which your business is located. This means for example, if you’re a UK business, only new businesses based in the UK will be able to use your referral link to activate their account and get the rewards. 

Additionally, each person you refer must be new to Square with no prior account and must complete their registration through your unique link for both of you to receive the free processing offer.

🧾 Adding referral link to your receipt: Aside from manually sharing your referral link, you can also add the link to your receipt by clicking Receipt from Account & Settings and tick the box next to Show Referral Link > Save.

How can I see how much free processing I have left?

You can view your free processing balance from the Free Processing section of your online Square Dashboard. Every time a new business activates an account through your link, you’ll also receive an email!

📅  Note: Once you’ve processed £1,000 in payments or 180 calendar days have passed (whichever happens first), you’ll be automatically charged your usual per-transaction fee going forward

I have a free processing balance but I’m still being charged a transaction fee. What is going on? 

Free processing reimbursements are applied on a per-transaction basis and are automatically grouped with your next transfer. You’ll still see the fee in your Sales Reporting and on your Balance tab, but you’ll see the reimbursement line item as well. 

For example:

• If you use the reader to charge a customer £100.00, Square’s fee of 1.75% will be applied to the payment. However, you will receive the full amount,  £100.00, since your fees are reimbursed at the time of transfer.
  • The payment total of £100.00 will be deducted from your free processing balance.

Have questions for us? Click Reply to the thread below 👇

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 1
Report Inappropriate Content
0 REPLIES 0