x

Huawei P30 Pro - Australia - Not Working

G'day from Melbourne, Australia. Since I have switched to Huawei P30 Pro, the card reader hasn't been working. Both with the Developer Mode ON & OFF.

It works on my old One Plus 6 and I have updated it to Ver: SCRP.1.2.30.33 just now and still no good.

Android Software EMUI VER: 10.0.0.209(C636E10R1P3)

OPTUS.AU Overlay: 10.0.0.1(CT)

Thank you!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hi @mastoi,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble connecting your reader!

Can you make sure developer mode is off, then close the Square app and try:

1. Navigate to Settings > Security & privacy > More Settings
  2. Toggle off Allow Hisuite to use HDB.

After this, open the Square app and try to connect your reader again.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

Hi @Seamus , thanks for that, still no go. Now it says, "Device not Supported, please use another device".

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Hey @mastoi,

It looks like the P30 Pro is actually not on our list of supported devices, so unfortunately we can't guarantee it will work.

Sometimes you'll find unsupported Android devices will incidentally work if they pass security checks, but it's hit and miss if the devices hasn't been tested for compatibility by our engineers. It looks like in this case the device isn't meeting the reader's requirements to operate on Android. Sometimes you can try turning off device settings like Hisuite or uninstalling apps that possibly interfere with the reader's ability to form a secure connection to phone, but it's often not clear where the cause of the issue lies.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 7

Cheers mate. @Seamus 

The P40 Pro is already out, maybe try and add it to the device list so when we upgrade, it works.

Message 5 of 7
Admin

Hey @mastoi,

I'll pass on the feedback, but can't make any guarantees as to if / when particular models may be compatible with Square. With thousands of Android devices on the market we strive to support the most popular models, but unfortunately we can't support them all!

I'd always refer to the current compatibility list if you need a phone that has been tested to work with Square readers!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 7

Thanks mate. I would buy a phone because of it's credentials not because of it's compatibility with Square. I might have to just go on another platform and pay a little extra for the benefit. Cheers, Fawad.
Message 7 of 7