x

I have entered my prices which are gst inclusive. Does square calculate on the receipt the gst paid?

My prices are GST inclusive. Does the gst on the amount show on the receipt?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @dubbochristmass, welcome to the Community! ๐Ÿ‘‹

If you've added your prices inclusive of GST, and you still have GST enabled in your Tax settings, then Square will automatically calculate the tax paid on your customer's receipt. 

Check out our helpful GST/Tax article on the Square Support Centre. Let me know if I can help any further!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Our prices are entered in the system inclusive of GST. How do we show GST as a separate line item without double charging customers or changing prices on the thousands of items in the system?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @TannumGarden,

Thanks for reaching out with your question!

Currently, you have the option to either include or exclude your tax in your item price. If you are including your tax in the item price, then this won't be shown on your customer's receipts as a separate line item. Only you will be able to view the calculated GST from your end for reporting purposes, either by searching the individual transaction or generating reports.

If you want to swap this so that it does show on your customers' receipts as a separate line item, excluding the tax from your item price, is the only option here. You can, however, elect to apply your tax (either included or excluded) to select items or all items as required. You'll find this option on the Edit Tax page, see the below screenshots for reference.

Let me know if this helps to answer your question!

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4