x

I only want to offer local delivery, but ordering only works when 'shipping' is an option

Hey there,

I only want to offer local delivery, but the only way I can ensure the item can be purchased online is if I have 'shipping' as an option in the item setup. Help!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @sassybitesDPB,

Thanks for getting in touch! I noticed it's your first post here, so welcome to the community 👋 😊

You can enable local delivery only, if you don't want to offer shipping. If you're seeing an issue saving local delivery, it could be because your default fulfillment method is set to shipping. To check if this is the case: 

1. Sign in to your Square Online Dashboard . 

2. Select Settings > Checkout > Edit Advanced Settings. 

3. Choose local delivery as your default fulfillment method.

4. Save. 

Please let us know how you go!

Message 2 of 4

Thanks Arie but as soon as I remove shipping as a fulfilment option, the checkout button is greyed out. When I re-enable shipping, the item can be added to carts. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for giving these steps a try @sassybitesDPB!

I'd love to take a look at your Square online settings, but unfortunately am not able to dive deeper into your account via our community forum. Please reach out to our CS team, who'll be able to look into this further with you 🙂

You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "Other"" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Offering local delivery, without offering shipping is possible, we'll just need to tweak your settings 😊👍

Please let us know how you go!

Message 4 of 4