x

I want to use my own EFTPOS machine and just use Square to record and process?

Looking at the POS hardware and system. We have our own (bank owned) EFTPOS machine and also our own Ipad, we are lookin at the POS Cash Draw, POS Printer hardware only. So I understand that the EFTPOS machine will not be compatiable with the POS hardware, but the app lets you select payment type 'other' and then we can manually text in 'eftpos' to account for a standalone EFTPOS payment. So with that in mind we only need the cash draw and printer hardware for us to utilise the square app and system as its intended?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @jimcricketclub,

Thanks for reaching out!

Correct - if you're using a 3rd party EFTPOS terminal you can still use Square to record these transactions as "other", similar to how you can record cash transactions with the "cash" payment type.

From there you can connect a printer to your POS device and a cash drawer to the printer to print receipts and pop open the cash drawer when taking cash sales. Click here to check out Square compatible printers. If you're using Square Stand (which will fit 9.7" iPads) you can connect the listed Epson printer via USB, otherwise you'll need to go a WiFi or Bluetooth printer.

Hope this help, let me know if you have any questions ๐Ÿ‘

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @jimcricketclub,

Thanks for reaching out!

Correct - if you're using a 3rd party EFTPOS terminal you can still use Square to record these transactions as "other", similar to how you can record cash transactions with the "cash" payment type.

From there you can connect a printer to your POS device and a cash drawer to the printer to print receipts and pop open the cash drawer when taking cash sales. Click here to check out Square compatible printers. If you're using Square Stand (which will fit 9.7" iPads) you can connect the listed Epson printer via USB, otherwise you'll need to go a WiFi or Bluetooth printer.

Hope this help, let me know if you have any questions ๐Ÿ‘

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 4

Hi, 

Further to this discussion, are you saying that by connecting the 3rd party ETPOS machine as an extra printer, the checkout amount would automatically pop up on that EFTPOS for customers to pay?

How do I apply Tyro eftpos with Square Register? If yes, how do I set it up running? Thank you.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Tea_Stn_Bne that's a great question and I'll be happy to clarify this information!

Whilst you cannot connect third-party EFTPOS devices with Square hardware, you can still use the Square POS to record these transactions as an 'Other Payment' type. This will keep a record of the transaction through Square and allow you to process the card payment via your Tyro EFTPOS machine. 

Keep in mind, that once you have processed the transaction as an 'Other Payment' type through Square, you will still need to manually process the card payment on your Tyro EFTPOS machine. There is no way to sync transactional data between Square and Tyro.

Visit this page for a review on how to Manage Payment Types with the Square App.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 4 of 4