x

Inventory Sync Issues

Hi,

I'm new to Square, really like it.

I have 2 issues that are kinda related to one another. IE if one issue didn't occur, the other problem wouldn't be an issue. My store is a record store. I have lots of products, but low quantities of each product ie 1 or 2. So I need to keep on top of inventory control.

Issue 1

When I started using Square it would Sync to my ECWID store on average within 1 to 2 hours (sometimes even just a few minutes) But, over the past week or so, that sync is now taking about 24-36 hours. So, of course, I had the issue where I sold an item over the counter, but then about 10 hours later, also sold it online because the sync hadn't occurred. I had to apologise profusely and refund the sale. Why has the syncing blown out to 24-36 hours?

So to overcome that I can manually sync, which brings me to the 2nd issue.

Issue 2

So in Square, I have 30 or so products/services that are not fit for sale online, mainly because of suitability for that purpose, variable prices etc. But when I manually sync it creates those products in the online store. Which I then have to delete in the online store. It's frustrating as I usually have to do this a couple of times a day. These items don't sync when it does it automatically. Is there a way to flag items NOT to Sync?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Shane

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @PHistoricSounds,

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like there's some sort of issue with the ECWID integration here, which is something that we unfortunately don't have control over. One thing I would suggest is uninstalling then reinstalling the ECWID integration with Square and seeing if this helps things! Alternatively it may be worth reaching out to ECWID support.

In terms of working around this on the Square end though, I recommend setting up multiple locations - you can set up an "Online" location and an "In Store"  location. Once you have multiple locations, you'll be able to assign stock you only want to sell in store to that location, and make it unavailable at the online location.

This would likely require some tweaking of settings on the ECWID end once you've set up the multiple locations on Square, so that the correct location gets assigned to the ECWID online store.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @PHistoricSounds,

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like there's some sort of issue with the ECWID integration here, which is something that we unfortunately don't have control over. One thing I would suggest is uninstalling then reinstalling the ECWID integration with Square and seeing if this helps things! Alternatively it may be worth reaching out to ECWID support.

In terms of working around this on the Square end though, I recommend setting up multiple locations - you can set up an "Online" location and an "In Store"  location. Once you have multiple locations, you'll be able to assign stock you only want to sell in store to that location, and make it unavailable at the online location.

This would likely require some tweaking of settings on the ECWID end once you've set up the multiple locations on Square, so that the correct location gets assigned to the ECWID online store.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2