x

Invoice - Request Customer Phone #

Hello,

I would like to caputre a customer's phone when sending an invoice.  Currently, I only reuqest the customer's email.  I then email them an invoice where I request their shipping address.  Is there way to request their phone #?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @pgamboa, welcome to the Seller Community! 

Currently we don't have a field on Invoices for customers to enter their phone number. If you need their phone number it might be easier to request this information when you're getting the customers email address. 

Message 2 of 5

Figured so. Thanks for the reply!  I’ll request this info up front. 

It would also also be nice to be able to modify the line item. Once I key in an item and move on to the next step, it doesn’t allow me to modify it. 

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

I had a similiar problem, too many unique items to have them all individually on the Square POS in my case.  If you tap on the item after you add it to the sale, a screen will open where you can add more information, change quantity, etc.  Or if you do it on the PC dashboard there is an option to customize the item.

Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

I've really done a lot with invoices over the last year or so.  I'm not sure about your application but I get all of the information upfront (I use them for repairs) on paper as I'm writing up the details of the work needed.  Then I enter it all, first as a new customer, then when you save you have the option to create an invoice from that screen.  I don't know if it is the best way but it works for me.

Is there a reason you couldn't get more info initially?  

Message 5 of 5