x

Is there a Square prepaid card that we can load for our customers?

Is there a prepaid card for customers? I own a coffee shop and am looking for a prepaid card that we can have in the system? Is there something like that in square. Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

I like @Helen's answer for your business to have a card, but are you looking at a card where the customer can come in, pay in advance, and you deduct it from their balance?

If so, the best way to do this is to have physical gift cards made. I used to use a Google Sheets spreadsheet my team would open whenever a prepaid guest would come in. It wasn't the best way and prone to a lot of errors. As soon as I made the leap to gift cards I moved all open prepaid balances to a card that we keep for the guest.

Physical gift cards can be ordered through your Dashboard. You can order as few as 20 at a time.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Best Answer

I like @Helen's answer for your business to have a card, but are you looking at a card where the customer can come in, pay in advance, and you deduct it from their balance?

If so, the best way to do this is to have physical gift cards made. I used to use a Google Sheets spreadsheet my team would open whenever a prepaid guest would come in. It wasn't the best way and prone to a lot of errors. As soon as I made the leap to gift cards I moved all open prepaid balances to a card that we keep for the guest.

Physical gift cards can be ordered through your Dashboard. You can order as few as 20 at a time.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 4

That’s what I needed! Thanks. 

We currently have a system system which a customer pays and we just write it on a paper card. I would like something physical so if their balance is due then they can pay at that moment. Thanks! 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thank you @ryanwanner! I archived my post about Square Card in case it confuses anyone!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4