x

Issues with terminal and discounts

I've just got my Square terminal and am setting it up and testing it.

I have two Team members - myself with ALL privs (as admin) and another account which just has Team permissions.

If I log in as a team member, I cannot apply the discounts I have set up. It says I don't have enough permissions. Why not? It's all set up.

If I log in as the admin, I can apply it, but I still need to put in a passcode.

Help please? What am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
5 REPLIES 5

OK - I've enabled it in the TEAMS permissions and I can now turn it on as a Teams member. But why isn't it on by default for those items that I want the discount applied to?

And I still don't like the fact that I can apply the discount to ANY item I am selling. Not just the ones I want to sell with the discount.

Thanks

Alan

Message 2 of 6
Admin

Sorry to hear you're running into this @alansh! I know you've enabled the permission but I'd like to check something with you - while the team member are unable to apply discounts, did the automatic discount applied when adding the appropriate items to basket as well, or do these also not work? 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 3 of 6

No, if I didn't manually set the discount button, it was NOT automatically applied to the items I had already set as needing the discount.

Alan

Message 4 of 6
Admin

I test this on my end alongside some other folks and I couldn't fully reproduce the issue. Automatic discounts should applied even if the team member doesn't have permission to apply restricted discount. In this case, it'll be best to give our Support team a call on 0800 - 098 8008 @alansh! That way they can help to troubleshoot in real time on the phone, check specific settings and help investigate this further. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 5 of 6

OK. I will do that in the next day or so (I'm a bit busy on other things)

thanks

Alan

Message 6 of 6