x

Limited number of items per category

Hi, were running a food bank through square. Each category has a limited number of items they can choose, but as I cant seem to set a limit we are having to manually check each order. Is there a way of setting for example: 

Categories:

Red - one item

Yellow - eight items

Blue - four items 

Thank you.

If this option where to become available we could allow people to place order online for click and collect. otherwise its always telephone, in person or using google docs!

Another reason is as food is limited now because of Covid, it be great to limit rice to one per customer for example.

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@Priestley I’m pretty sure this isn’t an option. 

A work around that could do the job is to use items & modifiers. 

So instead of a ‘red’ category it’s an item with would would have been the items listed as modifiers. You can then select how many can be chosen for each one. 

It’s not going to look quite as elegant - but would do the job & automatically limit where needed. 

Pizza Is Chill

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @Priestley, thank you for your post!

For my own understanding, are you looking to limit the number of item that the customer can order from each category or are you looking to limit the number of items that can be add to cart?

I know the latter feature is something that can be configured within the Square Online site, so I'd like to know how customers are currently placing their orders as well so I can have a look on my end and see.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 5

Thank you. Ideally limit per category is a feature we would find immensely useful. 

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

@Priestley I’m pretty sure this isn’t an option. 

A work around that could do the job is to use items & modifiers. 

So instead of a ‘red’ category it’s an item with would would have been the items listed as modifiers. You can then select how many can be chosen for each one. 

It’s not going to look quite as elegant - but would do the job & automatically limit where needed. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Thanks for your reply @Priestley! Limit per category isn't a feature with the Square Online site right now, but @Sam_400º's workaround should help with setting this up in the meantime. Let me know if you have any other query and I'll be happy to help. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 5 of 5