x

LiveChat widget/code inserted on my web store

Hi I am new to Square online store. I am setting up all functions before loading products to our online store as the store is separate from our business domain. So we need use same livechat support for website visitors in our two domains.

Trying to add New Section then adding Embed Code but it is not showing when is live. Inspecting the page shows the code installed however not showing

https://buysigns.shop

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey @lucaso

Embedding code on a site can sometimes cause glitches and is not always recommended. In addition, our support center won't troubleshoot the issues that may arise with the code as they are not web developers. If your located in the US and need a live chat support widget we suggest using the built in Facebook messenger option. This is located in your Square Online Store editor under Website > Messenger (see picture below). Here is a great article that talks more about this. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 9

Hi Sayra, sorry I am Not Agree, yes there is a way that worked good however embedding the code on a section is not the way to insert the widget,  the way is website>integrations>+add new code>End of <body> Then save

Done, my online chat is working perfect

Message 3 of 9

Hey @lucaso. Thanks for your feedback, this will be very helpful for other sellers as well. 

Glad this is working for you now! 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 9

Hi! I was looking to add a live chat code to my website as well. I didn't see Integration in Website - would you mind sharing how you added it please?

Message 5 of 9
Beta Member

Bumping because "Integrations" is not a current category anymore. Facebook chat plugin is def needed... Thank you

Message 6 of 9

Hello @DoggFish this setting is now located under Communications

Thanks for bumping this one up!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Message 7 of 9

Is there a certain plan needed for the messenger tab to show up? When I go to communications, an only email pops up.

Message 8 of 9

This should be available from the Personal plan and above @Swanlka. If you are subscribed to any of those plans and you are still missing the feature please let me know so I can investigate this further. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Message 9 of 9