x

Multi discount levels for an item

Hi I would like to be able to offer different levels of discount automatically for items...

i.e. The item is say £5.00

If the customer has 2 (and up to 4) the items would be £4.50 each

If the customer has 5 and up to 9 the items would be £4.00 each

and if the customer has 10 or more the items would be £3.50 each

This is for a Square Retail system with your own till thingy (not an I pad)

I would like this to happen automatically as the items are scanned in to the till system rather than having to select a specific discount.

PS I have worked out how to automatically apply a single discount rule to an / or many items for a specific amount  but not how to apply different discount amounts for the same item for different quantities.

Please advise!

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @Electricalshop, thanks for sharing this post!

I had a look into this myself and at the moment, it isn't possible to set the discount to vary between different quantities. The only way to do this would be to create multiple automatic discount: one for 2 items, one for 3 items, one for 4 items, and so on. 

I can definitely see how the ability to vary quantity for discount rule would be an useful feature to have, so I'll be sure to share this with the appropriate team as well.

I would also encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content