x

Instant transfer for new sellers

As a new user, I see that the instant transfer is limited to $500 dollars.  However after reading this thread I'm a bit confused.  Let's say I have a total balance of $1500 for the day.  Can I still request an instant transfer, and expect the $500 dollars to be deposited instantly, and the rest on the regular 1-2 business day schedule?  Or am I to understand that because my balance is above the $500 new user dollar limit, I'm essentially inelligible for the instant transfer and no money is available via instant transfer. 

Thanks in advance.

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Message 1 of 30
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Instant deposit for new users

There are a number of qualifiers for instant deposit, first, you need to link a debit card so that the money can be transferred "instantly" a bank account doesn't work with direct deposit. 

Here are other tips for direct deposit, and here is an instant deposit FAQ

1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

You can instant transfer what every amount is stated and the rest will be deposited as usual.  As you grow your account the amount you can instant transfer can change.  Just know there is a fee to do it.  

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

You can instant transfer what every amount is stated and the rest will be deposited as usual.  As you grow your account the amount you can instant transfer can change.  Just know there is a fee to do it.  

Message 2 of 30

Thanks.

Message 3 of 30

I have been a Square user for a few days and have already processed over $400 in sales but I still do not have the option to use Instant Deposit. The box is not clickable for me. Any way this can be looked into please?

Message 4 of 30
Super Seller Alumni

Instant transfer will be available to you soon.  One make sure you have it set up with your debit card.  Once you have good transaction history and regular sales it will become available.

Message 5 of 30

How long are we talking here give or take? I have already made over $1,000 in sales in the past few days.. just wondering how long it usually takes.

Message 6 of 30
Super Seller Alumni

Not sure,  Just remember mine didn't show up for a while.  I never set it up or use it.  Here is the help article.  Because your account is new it many not be fully verified yet.  You can wait or contact support.

Message 7 of 30

Thanks for the info. Cheers

Message 8 of 30

This may not be much help, but I made sure everything was verified and setup well before my first transaction using square (maybe three weeks).  Instant deposit was available to me the first day I used Square.  And at the end of the second day, the $500 dollar new user limit was changed to the $2500 dollar limit.

Message 9 of 30

Thanks for your input.. I'm hoping I can get that available for me soon.

Message 10 of 30

I need to get the deposit for the invoices that were paid.  Please answer why it has not happened.

Message 11 of 30

This reply was created from merging comments from an existing thread: “Reporting & Deposits 101 - A Guide for New Sellers”. The original author has been notified via email.

I got my first sale today, and I cannot instantly deposit it!  Why I added and verified my bank account.

Message 12 of 30
Super Seller

There are a number of qualifiers for instant deposit, first, you need to link a debit card so that the money can be transferred "instantly" a bank account doesn't work with direct deposit. 

Here are other tips for direct deposit, and here is an instant deposit FAQ

Message 13 of 30

I did that. It won't let me customize and have the $500 to instant deposit. Because there is $759.00 it is to much, for my first instant deposit 

Message 14 of 30
Alumni

Hey there @imokayhl

Payments can not be split in order to use Instant Deposit. Since it sounds like this payment was over you Instant Deposit limit, it will be sent following our Next Business Day Deposit Schedule.

Message 15 of 30

I can not get the payment that my customer paid.

Message 16 of 30
Square Community Moderator

Hi @dwgold,

Thanks for writing back in and sorry to hear about the trouble! Unfortunately, we're not able to look into deposits or transfers via this public forum, but the CS team would be able to help. Get in touch here

Message 17 of 30

Thanks for the help.   

I received two payments.  One for $4500 then one for $1500.  I am only being allowed to instant deposit the $1500.  Wondering there is a limit or something I am missing.   Thanks 

Thomas 

Message 18 of 30

Hello how long is one considered a new seller in order not to have $500 instant deposit limit on their account?

Message 19 of 30
Square

Hey @lbrown0112. I went ahead and combined your post with another one on the same topic. Check out this thread and let us know if you still have any questions. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 20 of 30

It’s my first time and my first transaction was over $500. I’m set up for the quick deposit before I knew about the limit. Can I change how much can be deposited now? 

Message 21 of 30