x

New to Square Questions

Hello, always been a cash only business, but I broke down and got square because my clients forget that CONSTANTLY and this is a huge problem between appointments and makes life waaay too inconvenient. So anyway, I have this swipe thing coming to me in 5-7 business days. I also noticed that you post your hours on here? Does that mean what exactly? Is it a scheduling system? Are people going to accidently book over each other on different systems? Is it actually tied already to my schedulicity? 

I dunno, I like the cash model SOO much better than this, but I'm doing this for my clients even though it's confusing and I hate it. Do I download an app or something? does it activate and launch app with info when you first plug it in? 

I don't technology. I don't even own a TV and live in a cabin in the freaking woods. HOW THE WHAT DOES THIS WORK PLEASE HELLLPPPP

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Hi @beccahay3 - Thanks for reaching out.

Square allows you to accept credit card payments. This is done via our Square Point of Sale app which you can download onto your phone or a tablet device (check out our Compatibility List to see which devices work with our products). Once you sign into the app, you can then connect your card reader. If you have the Magstripe or Chip Card Reader, you would just need to plug it in to your headphone jack of your device and you're good to go. If you purchased the Contactless and Chip Reader, you would pair this with your phone via Bluetooth.

You can certainly book appointments using our Square Appointments which is a separate app, but it is by no means necessary. This is just an added subscription service that we offer. If you would like to continue using Schedulicity, then you are able to continue doing so while using Square Point of Sale separately when your clients are ready to check out.

Hope that helps clarify things for you. If you have any further questions, please let us know or check out our Get Started guide.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 2