x

Offering Bank Deposit on Invoices

Hi, 

when I send out invoices it only allows my customer to pay via card when they click ‘pay now’. As this has fees and therefore I am losing money with this method, I would much prefer to offer my customers the option to pay through direct deposit. How do I make this option clear to

them? 

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Sallygoodwin,

Thanks for getting in touch.

While Square invoices will always allow the option for your customer to pay via credit card, if you would receive payment for an invoice outside of Square Invoices, you can mark the invoice as paid from your dashboard. To do so, select the invoice > and from the details page, click Record Payment. No processing fees are applied when an invoice is recorded.

It would be up to you to communicate with your customer to let them know you'd prefer the invoice to be paid via direct deposit rather than credit card. You can include details such as bank account information in the "Message" section when sending an invoice from your online dashboard via https://squareup.com/dashboard/invoices.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Sallygoodwin,

Thanks for getting in touch.

While Square invoices will always allow the option for your customer to pay via credit card, if you would receive payment for an invoice outside of Square Invoices, you can mark the invoice as paid from your dashboard. To do so, select the invoice > and from the details page, click Record Payment. No processing fees are applied when an invoice is recorded.

It would be up to you to communicate with your customer to let them know you'd prefer the invoice to be paid via direct deposit rather than credit card. You can include details such as bank account information in the "Message" section when sending an invoice from your online dashboard via https://squareup.com/dashboard/invoices.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 10

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply. I was quick, clear and extremely helpful. I really appreciate ‘Square’s’ great service and just how user friendly it is.

Kindest Regards,

Sally.

Message 3 of 10

Sorry, I meant to say ‘it’ was extremely helpful, not ‘I’.

Message 4 of 10
Admin

Happy to help Sally 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 5 of 10

W

Does Square still send a receipt when you use this method ?

Message 6 of 10

So when I send an Invoice with bank details for payment (instead of paying by

card) and use the 'record payment' option does Square still send a payment receipt to the

customer ?

Message 7 of 10
Admin

@Beehive1889 Yes! You can also re-send receipts for any transaction, whether it's cash, card or other types 👍

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 8 of 10

I have a client that wants to pay an invoice by direct deposit, however, when I go to make an invoice there seem to be only options for a credit card or gift card. How do I select another payment type? Thanks Alex

Message 9 of 10
Admin

Hey @LittleTreeStudi,

I've moved your post to this thread - check out the Best Answer above for more info on how to best achieve this with Square Invoices 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 10 of 10