x

Photo formats (show original)

Hello everyone, I am a photographer and I have photos of different formats. When I add photos to my Items, it seems I have to choose a display format: Square, Vertical, Horizontal. And Square says in the guide we should be consistent... How can I be consistent if I sell different formats? The least intrusive option for me right now is choosing square display but even that gives the buyer a totally wrong idea of the art piece. I can't believe there is no Use original format option. What do people do to solve this?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @Katzprints 

@This is a great question and definitively tricky. 

My suggestion would be to use a photo editor to put all of your photos on a square white background, this way the image for Square is consistent, and you can show the full image no matter the size and format. 

It’s a little bit of extra work, but it is probably the best way to showcase your work fully. 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @Katzprints!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community, and welcome! 🎉

Is this for Square Online Store? 

Perhaps some of our Super Sellers have some solutions:

@Goldneye @Donnie-M @alexandriak @GourmetOnWheels @JamesSandbar @pessosices @MAXSDELI @porktaco @Ron @ryanwanner 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 5
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @Katzprints 

@This is a great question and definitively tricky. 

My suggestion would be to use a photo editor to put all of your photos on a square white background, this way the image for Square is consistent, and you can show the full image no matter the size and format. 

It’s a little bit of extra work, but it is probably the best way to showcase your work fully. 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 3 of 5

Thank you, Pesso. That’s what I ended up doing 🙂 Cost me another 2 hours to redo all the pics and reupload but it’s a good work-around.

Message 4 of 5
Super Seller Alumni

I’m so happy I could help @Katzprints !

I’m sorry for the extra work, but I’m so glad that it worked for ya!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 5 of 5