x

Reactivating or Releasing Email

Trying to set up a Square account for our Girl Scout troop. I planned to use a referral code from another troop, but I messed up and instead of clicking their link, I thought I could punch it in when I set up through the website. Once done setting up the account, I realized my error and I made a second by deactivating the account and then attempting to start over. Turns out, I can't re-use my troop email to set up a new account, because it is still associated with the deactivated account.

How do I 1) reactivate the original account associated with my email or 2) release the email account so I may associate it with a new Square account? Additionally, this whole business started, because I was trying to set up the account with a referral code, so how do I get the troop that credit?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Establishing a new account. We operate under a 501(c)(3) and when I attempted to enter the EIN, Square kicked it back, stating that the name was incorrect. I HAVE the IRS letter and I am positive the name I'm typing in is correct. I even did an EIN search to verify and sure enough, the IRS has the same name that is on the letter the IRS sent our organization.

The source of the error, I believe, is Square limiting to 40 characters. Our organization's name is 41. If one must delete one or more characters from the name it certainly would not match the name the IRS has on file.

I want to be a good kid. I want to graduate with the class. How do I put the correct info in?

Message 2 of 3

Hello @cookie-monster

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've encountered. For both of these issues you'll have to reach out to the Customer Success Team via email to reactivate your account. They can also remove the email address so you can start fresh. 

They'll reply to the email address on file for the account. 

Message 3 of 3