x

Remove Square from Weebly Website

Hi, In a rush today I accidently accepted Square being apart of our Weebly website.  We do not have an online store and only use Square as an eftpos terminal.  I need to make changes to our weebly website, but can no longer get through; it takes me to what looks like a new website format.  I've spent considerable time putting our website together and cannot start again.  I cannot find how to remove Square and go back to the original interface.  Please help!  Thx Amanda

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @EverythingIT,

Thanks for for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble with your website!

It sounds like you may have had an existing Weebly website, then opted to convert this to a Square Online website?

You'll actually need to get in touch with support to see if they can roll back this change - unfortunately I'm not aware of a way to do this via the Square Online dashboard. You call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time) or email via this form. Please note that there will be delays with responses over the Christmas period, and phone support will be closed during the forthcoming public holidays.

Sorry I couldn't be of more immediate help here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @EverythingIT,

Thanks for for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble with your website!

It sounds like you may have had an existing Weebly website, then opted to convert this to a Square Online website?

You'll actually need to get in touch with support to see if they can roll back this change - unfortunately I'm not aware of a way to do this via the Square Online dashboard. You call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time) or email via this form. Please note that there will be delays with responses over the Christmas period, and phone support will be closed during the forthcoming public holidays.

Sorry I couldn't be of more immediate help here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

I need to access my website I had with weebly since 2011.

Please assist me.

Message 3 of 7

Hi. I got prompted to link my weebly account with my square account today so I can take advantage of 2FA and still be able to edit my website.

So I log in via Square and end up in the Square dashboard but I can't find a way to go back and edit my weebly website unless I login using my old Weebly login details. You would think being authenticated with Square would also allow me access to my Weebly dashboard?

This is all very confusing.

In the Square dashboard, there is no link that I can intuitively find that allows me to edit my Weebly website. I can't even find a link to edit a Square website! I found the Online link but that takes me to a page that asks me to create a brand new website.

Can someone clarify exactly what Weebly/Square are planning to do because the two don't seem to be talking?

Message 4 of 7

Can someone please remove the login page from my website: www.anneliekedevries.weebly.com

All answers provided do not seem to work for me, can't find advanced settings or sort it out any other way.

thanks

Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Annelieke,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble editing this part of your website. 

While we're not able to make edits to your website via this forum, our support team would be able to assist. You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Click on any topic, then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Or, if you see the new chatbot help flow, type "support" to bring up a list of contact methods. 

Please let us know how you go!

Message 6 of 7

Hello. Were you able to solve this please? This has now happened to me too. 

Message 7 of 7